Giving QS Defy a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piced up 3 quarts of this stuff to try my moms riding mower (John Deere w/ a Kohler 17.5 horse engine) and my '95 Silver Series Lawn Boy (4stroke). Buddy at work gave me the Lawn Boy after having it for about 5years himself after his dad gave it to him. I don't think he ever did anything to it... I got it last year and changed oil, got a few tablespoons worth out of it, the air filter was nasty and the plug was pretty dirty. I put PYB 30w in it, which did a nice job of cleaning it out, ran some seafoam through it, and replaced the air filter. I sharpened the blade, which was that bad the back edge of it looked sharper than the cutting edge:) This past weekend I got it ready by changing oil with the Defy (5w30), plug, and cleaning the deck. The crank seal has a slight leak and I wanted to see if this stuff would help it out a little bit. Doesn't use much oil, but the old plug was pretty plugged up with carbon and other junk....I think the seafoam did a pretty good job of cleaning out the combustion chamber and this is where it all came from. I had put some in the carb with it running and ran gas through it all last summer with seafoam mixed in it. I miss my dads old 2stroke Lawn Boy (bought new in 83). That thing always ran great. It was a rear discharge model which I didn't see many off.

Spring is a great time to get a "free for ME" deal at on a mower at the "transfer station" (useta be the dump) because "last years" won't start and a new one is only 99 bucks at Haggar's Dustbin. Even if the engine IS shot from lack of attention, there are some nice mower decks around the place.

Yeah, it appears to be taking the place of their old High Mileage oil, I believe it was called "Enhanced Durability."

Cool this is the first ive heard of it. Ive heard of the durability stuff before. Id like to try it but like every other one i want to try i have to wait forever cause my stuff doesnt collect many miles. At least i have my bitog friends that will test it for me.
cheers3.gif

I'm about 2k into a 7.5k drain on the Stratus. Super smooth, there used to be a tick when the engine is warm. It's gone. Think I'll stick with it.

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
I'm about 2k into a 7.5k drain on the Stratus. Super smooth, there used to be a tick when the engine is warm. It's gone. Think I'll stick with it.

Cool! sounds like its a good one. Ive never bought there products. Not for any reason just chosing other brands. I would love to see a uoa or pds on it. Ill post one if i find one.

Heres some info

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_X_cbe_24855_key_140003594928_201007071541.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back