Generic Roku TV remote, what tv set is this for?

What TV is this meant for?, I inherited a bunch of random stuff and it doesn’t work with the tcl Roku tv set, only label is jy8218 and it appears to be brand new and not programmable. (Seems to otherwise work, makes it signals)

(I have hard wired and reprogrammed the chips on old remotes using a cable and software but this one isn’t one of those)

Just curious if it looks familiar

image.jpg

Is there an FCC ID you can look up?
That’s what’s strange, you would think if this came with one of the unbranded Chinesium sets it would still need “something anything” but both internally and externally there is only the board number and no other marks, labels, numbers, logos.

On unbrauniversal remotes the board number is enough to get programming codes.

Will likely donate it and maybe someone will recognize its layout , my guess is it matches up to one of the Roku sets that only lists Roku and no other manufacturer anywhere on the case.

It looks like one of those universal remotes that you buy. I had actually never heard of Apex TVs or electronics or anything till I seen an Apex DVD player in the antique store the other day. Must of been a lesser known brand back in the day.

It looks like one of those universal remotes that you buy. I had actually never heard of Apex TVs or electronics or anything till I seen an Apex DVD player in the antique store the other day. Must of been a lesser known brand back in the day.

APEX was a common off brand for all sorts of cheap gimmicky tech sold in the Computer Shopper and big box stores. It was the #2 producer of dvd players back in yea olde times.
I believe it was an in house brand at one point for one of the defunkt electronics stores.
Oddly it’s an old name that was resurrected in 1997 by an American company.

I have a 2009 era $85 portable Laptop LCD w/ TV Tuner that is actually pretty feature filled despite its very obsolete resolution.

I actually was looking for a new 4k portable laptop Screen 18-22” in size and am overwhelmed by the selection and immense price range $69-$1200, sadly they are all very questionable brands and finding one with a tv tuner now is extremely rare.

Back