Antique RCA Systemlink Universal Remote Codes

I’m looking for a full instructional guide for an Old RCA Systemlink universal remote, it appears to be too old to be on rcas site. Using the online generic guides for entering code search doesn’t appear to work.

My remote looks very similar to this (but has the older DBS/Cable button)

The above has no complete public code list nor is there a how to enter the code search mode anywhere that works (the one that runs through all available codes)

Obviously I cannot find a complete programming guide for what I believe is a Systemlink 2 either lol. I have found I’m able (completely by luck) to use this with both the original crt RCA TV and my moms power button less Vizeo 500i 50” hdtv using a short Systemlink 4 code list that only list’s about 20 TVs.

I would like to get this into code search and see if I can get this to work with a vcr I use occasionally and some other odd crapola.
Back 2006 era using code search I was able to get some functionality out of a Viewsonic TV that (at the time didn’t have a compatible universal remote)

I have a stack of old universal remotes and have no desire to buy another.

The newest of them is this one and the allegro universal remote, neither seem to have codes online and I’m not sure what they were originally for.

Ah well 25% of the way there.

RCA Systemlink Programming

Do any of these procedures work?
Thanks
Oddly I can’t hold two buttons at once on this one ( all the guides say that) this remote just blinks and turns off if I do that.

I was able to program by holding the code button until solid (release)
Then hitting tv (separately)
then hitting the 3 digit code from a scan of an old photocopy of a few of the codes.
I tried manually going 001,002,etc just to see if I could find the code manually but only about a third of the numbers “would set” if it’s an invalid number it flashes and shuts off (remote lights up all buttons while it’s active)

I remember it being a strange 3 button procedure to walk through every single code. (Code search) but I haven’t done it in a long time.

What’s stranger is although it has a dvd vcr button many years ago it seems like I had to use the cable box button for the vcr.

It’s sort of sad that 10 years ago there were a LOT more manuals and guides for old equipment that seem to just be lost from google.

Might just have to try every code typing them in until I find ones that set then test.

Ah well

Why go through all this hassle when you could buy a new one with an active code list for $10? You said you have a stack of old remotes...time to throw them out it seems.

Why go through all this hassle when you could buy a new one with an active code list for $10? You said you have a stack of old remotes...time to throw them out it seems.
I’ve gotten this device working with the tv already.

I don’t like making more ewaste
wasting a perfectly usuable device just because a dead battery erased its memory.

Some of my off brand antiques aren’t in the code list for modern remotes but we’re formerly working with this remote.

Once I get code search working it shouldn’t Be tough to get it working with more than the tv set.

I do enjoy messing around with old electronics and have a 1993 era HP Color Laser for my document printing.

If it still works why bother with new?

This may be the RCA manual that you are searching for:

RCA Systemlink RCU300 Manual
Yep that one works.

My newish “one for all” oddly has less support for my devices than this antique.

Sadly none of my universal remotes seem to be able to switch video sources but everything else works

One thing I don’t understand is why a digital manual isn’t kept indefinitely on the related website, the manual is like 89kb It’s not like that costs much in modern storage and data

Back