General Evertrek RT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a eco-version of the Altimax RT, but was surprised to see it at Wally Mart. (Surprised by the price-and USA made) Strange part is, it is not on General's website. Also know that it was made for Canadian Tire, and now Wal Mart too I guess. I have a co worker whose wife's car needs this size tires, And thought this would be a better choice than some off brand tire.

(I would consider these myself, but the rumored "softer" sidewalls might not be good for my spirted driving...
wink.gif

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Evertrek-RT-Tire-195-70R14-91T/19487833

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
My brother has a set of 4 on his '99 Alero 225/50 and they ride good, are quiet and seem to have decent dry, wet and snow traction. We did have to exchange out a few of the tires for radial pull when they were installed, so the quality control might not be the highest or he just got really unlucky or both.

Other than that no complaints about them. Although these are 50 series and ride pretty compliant so I don't know if the 70 series would be too soft.

Sorry he has Evertrek HPs, and not the RTs. I think the HP's ride could so I';d imagine the RTs would be softer.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Sorry he has Evertrek HPs, and not the RTs. I think the HP's ride could so I';d imagine the RTs would be softer.

Very possible...

Yeah I meant to type HPs in a 50 series ride pretty good and compliantly so I'd suspect the 70 series RTs would be pretty soft. I wouldn't want a tire to be any softer than the HPs.

Actually called a Canadian Tire....these tires get pretty decent reviews for a cheap tire...

Update-this tire gets around-just saw it on an older cavalier in the same size as mine. Look pretty decent.

Guy said he had the Altimaxs on before this..and they do ride softer, but still have pretty good road grip.

Not bad for a cheap tire...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back