GE Hydrowave washer problem

Need a little advise if possible. A couple months ago my wife told me our GE Hydrowave top load washer started acting up. When on the x-large load setting it would cycle from water fill to wash, but the tub wasn't full yet. It would quickly cycle back and forth. I offered to look at it but she insisted later because she had laundry to do. She changed the load size to large and the "problem went away". Well like most things it isn't fixed, I forgot and now it is doing it on the large setting as well. My question is any thoughts on the problem and solution before I tear into this thing... My google investigations tends to tell me it is either the lid switch (simple fix) or the clear tube to the water level diaphragm (another simple fix) is causing the issue. Anything else it could be?

Any help would be awesome, thanks!

My bet would be on the water level diaphragm or hose. Since it has been getting worse and didn't just quit working, I'd check to see if it is clogged.

My bet would be on the water level diaphragm or hose. Since it has been getting worse and didn't just quit working, I'd check to see if it is clogged.

thanks, I’ll give it a look. She managed to get a couple loads done today so I wasn’t able to touch it. You know hey mechanic my cars is doing this... Mechanic goes for a ride and the car doesn’t act up.

😤

Reactions: JC1
Well, I took the hose of the water level switch and the drum. I can blow through it, and I pushed a tig welding wire into the nipple on the drum. There didn't seem to be anything out of sorts. The Hydrowave is more advanced than the machine in the video. It has a circuit board and a lot more wiring. I tried checking ohm's on the switch and it seemed good but the numbers were different. Anyway as suspected it is not acting up because I am around.

Thanks all for the help, I will report back if anything changes.

Back