GC in VR6 VW Jetta....feels slow!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got done completing an ARX treatment. Used MobilClean 5w30. The car felt fine with the dino oil. I just changed the oil with M0428 GC Green, and the car feels like it has lost 20 HP. It is very very sluggish. Before the ARX, I ran mostly Amsoil Euro 5w40. I am thinking of going back to it. Anyway, any suggestions, or comments?

My '00 VW GTI 1.8T always felt a tiny bit sluggish at low RPM's when I was running GC, but it could have all been in my head. The engine was very smooooooooth with GC, though. I've got more ready to go in the VW.

Compared to the oil that just came out of your VR6 (Mobil Clean 5W-30), you certainly may notice a sluggish engine feel with the GC. I'd bet the Amsoil Euro 5W-40 will make the engine feel similar to how it feels with the GC.

Could someone please educate me on the reason GC would make the engine "sluggish"? Do you mean reduced power? Is this because it is thicker than other 30 weight oils?

I've heard nothing but praise for GC especially for Subarus like my 2.0 liter WRX.

I think most of the sluggishness is from power used by the very high volume oil pumps in engines designed for 5W-20 and energy conserving 5W-30's. The sluggishness is readily apparent at lower RPM in these engines.

Okay, now I am looking for something to run in this car that is a thinner oil and meets VW 502.00 specs.

There are probably lots of oils that qualify. Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 European Formula Ultra is one. Hot viscosity of 11.4cSt, HTHS of 3.5cSt. Go to their website and go to technical data.

Try either Rotella T for $3.68/qt at Wally World, or Mobil 1 0W-40...

The M1 worked great in my sister's Jetta with no leaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back