Garmin GPS question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased a Garmin nuvi 1350 LMT at WM for $128.C.

I was expecting to be able to xfer directions from Google Maps to the GPS but only the addresses xfer which doesn't help much.

For example, all the directions between my Montreal and florida locations that I modified on Google Maps.

Is there a way to achieve this?

As far as I know, what you're asking is currently not supported. You can only transfer POIs/locations, but not the actual routing instructions, at least when it comes to Garmin.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
As far as I know, what you're asking is currently not supported. You can only transfer POIs/locations, but not the actual routing instructions, at least when it comes to Garmin.

Thanks. Maybe when I actually make the trip with different routing instructions and save it for a later use?

Also, can I take my GPS with me when flying a commercial aircraft? Will it work in the air?

Last edited:
They work great in planes. I used to bring it with me all the time to see where we were and how fast the plane was going, altitude, etc. Just don't try to have it calculate a route - we had one overheat from trying to recalculate as a result of going 600 mph...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back