Fuzion HRi, so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda liked the Bridgestone G-009s that I bought spur-of-the-moment last spring, so I decided to try the other new (but generic) Bridgestones, the Fuzion. Mind you, I run four mounted sets of tires and have tried every decent all-season tire. I DO like the Fuzion HRis. Price was incredible, $57 installed. I'm, used to $100 each for 16s, 205/60-16 to be exact. You might say, "hey, that's kinda tall for an A4". Correct, I run 1/2 size over due to the roads here and I have a non-sport wagon. Ride is better that way, and it's downright cushy with the Fuzions. Grip is fine, hydroplaning is fine. No complaints.

We've logged about 10k miles so far on our HRi's. I haven't measured tread depth, but they appear to be wearing well. Overall traction is pretty good although they do make a bit of noise. They're coming off for the winter.

Update: Hydroplaning is excellent, grip: excellent, comfort: excellent, handling is very good, remember I am running 1/2 size taller and not trying to burn them up. They are smooth, but I can hear the knobby tread. Bridgestone has poor snow compound, imo...but I think these would do well because they are knobby. Dunlop A2s and Conti Extreme are my usual winter tires.

Audi Junkie what is your experience with Bridgestone G-009's in the snow?

imo, Bridgestone does not have a good snow compound. My G-009s were a week old, broken-in, and showed the typical Bridgestone lack of snow grip. I bough a set of RE950s with my new B6 A4, same thing, downright dangerous. The Fuzions seem to be grippier in wet, I would take a chance with them as over-winter tires...one winter at best. Guaranteed winter grip is Dunlop A2/SP5000 and Conti Extremes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back