Fuel system cleaner before/after exhaust pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cadchris
Originally Posted By: Artem
That may be, but this is a high compression engine, that is NOT STOCK, that does not have a CAT to keep the exhaust gases clean.

Its also been driven VERY HARD for the past 4 years / 100k miles visiting the track quite often (i have an auto-x session this Saturday) I don't mind having the inside of the pipes black.

Did you rebuild this motor with a higher compression ratio?

Any head mods since new?

That should be a tight motor from OEM specs and I would think the ring pack or valve seals ect must be leaking and/or defective since new.....I just think even 1qt./2k-3k is too much on an OEM motor even before your mods. You may need a good quality coalescing catch can if you have high compression ratio because of the blowby being re-introduced into the intake track though the PCV System. This will a least keep the blow-by gasses/oils/HC's out of the intake track.

I've been researching different types of high-end coalescing filters to be used on all my cars to lessen intake induced carbon. These types of coalescing filters are used in HVAC systems for years and have a low enough micron separation to be very efficient to use with a generic type E-bay "Special Catch Can" that has NO real coalescing features. There are however name brand catch cans on the market.

Is 1qt 2k-3k normal on other 07 Civics?
21.gif

I'm still standing by my original thoughts regarding injectors. Did you change them to Hi-Po's or not?

Did you ever have them flow balanced/checked on a ANSU Bench Tester?

Did you ever have your ignition scoped with a Snapon Versus/Modis, PICO Scope w/ ACE Misfire Detection:
http://www.acemisfire.com/newsevents
http://www.picoauto.com/engine-misfire-detection.html

And definitely, find someone who knows and/or has been properly trained on ignition scope patterns. You may be surprised at what you learn on this motor and/or just to confirm its mechanical/ignition health which may uncover underlying issues to your "Carbon Tailpipe Syndrome"!

Would be helpful if you can list all mods to this motor and everything you've done.....

18.gif

I've never had the engine checked for any abnormalities because as far as i'm concerned, it's running exactly like it should.

1 quart every 2-3k is normal for this engine / any high revving Honda Vtec motor for that matter. Google it.

My mods include: Intake, Race header (no CAT), 2.5" exhaust, lightweight pulleys, heat insulating intake manifold and throttle body gaskets and a throttle body coolant bypass.

All this has been dyno tuned via a Hondata Engine Management System (FlashPro) and made a few HP more on the dyno then 7 other Si's with similar mods and waaaay less miles all dyno'd that day
thumbsup2.gif

I get AMAZING gas mileage on the highway, considering the mods and aggressive driving, so if something was wrong with the engine, i'd expect my MPGs to suffer (I average 32-33mpg highway doing 80mph with a loaded trunk with 2 people in the car) It's rated @ 29mpg highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back