Fuel additives in 4T OPE's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some folks use a tcw3, mmo, pea based products to keep the fuel systems in top notch. Does this apply to 4T ope's as well. An example would be a initial treatment of let's say RL SL-1, then the customary dose of tcw3 from thereafter for maintenance. Thoughts?

its air cooled so no tcw3, could possibly leave deposits.
maybe a main. does of techron.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...476#Post2664476

This is my B&S 675 series craftsman mower (flathead), and the pics shown are before the decarboning of the cylinder head.

Notice how little carbon deposits on the back side of the intake valve (this is before the wire brushing)....previous owner runs on all kinds of crabb gasoline: no-doped with fuel stabiliser, old/somewhat stale gasoline from his jerrycan.

So, my point is: so long as your gasoline is fresh (within 1 week from the day you purchased from the pump), no need to add any additives into the gas for your 4T OPE engine.

Q.

Going to be using tru fuel 4 cycle this next spring. Hopefully it will help my Briggs power washer. The honda mower and Troy bilt will get the same. I've always stabil or FP60 Plus and for some reason the Briggs wouldn't start, granted it sat for four months. Fired right up with starter fluid. Maybe gummed up.

All my air cooled OPE gets a cap full of MMO with every tank full. I find that they start easier and it keeps the carbs clean. Since I started using MMO, the incidence of carb trouble is way down. I like the smell too.

I add Sea Foam to all of my four stroke fuel as soon as it's pumped. It acts as a fuel stabilizer and seems to help keep my carbs clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back