Fuel additive 2001 Shadow Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with my job I travel quite alot. The Sabre naturally sits in my garage the majority of the year. I am wanting to run something through the gas that could clean out my fuel lines and carbs. What I have in my garage is: Chevron Techron super concentrate, MMO, Lucas UCL. I read on different Sabre forum of people using Seafoam. Would any of the items listed do a better job, or should I run some Seafoam?

You could run the MMO because you already have it laying around. I have never used it personally but they say on their website it can clean a fuel system. I have, however, used Seafoam in my gas tank and it seemed to work just fine. I say your call. Maybe someone else will have more advise.

MMO is popular in some Gold Wing circles. It also has a valve lube property that some like.
Seafoam is more agressive IMHO. If you have a fuel system problem that's to the point of being noticable, use Seafoam.
If you just want a gentle periodic cleaning, go with the MMO.
My 2¢

if your worried about keeping the fuel system clean, using any of the cleaners mentioned. At least an once in every tank should do the trick.You'll still need to burn that fuel to make any difference, just don't let it sit for months on end.,,

Last edited:
Why carry more than one fuel additive/cleaner when one will do everything you need it to do. I recommend you use up the other products you have, switch to SeaFoam and don't look back. If you want a "gentler" cleaning, reduce the amount of the SeaFoam mix. I've tried many of the alternative products. Most are snake oil. SeaFoam is the only one that did what is says it can do. That's ALL I keep in my garage now.

By the way, SeaFoam is not just a fuel system cleaner. It reduces carbon build up in the engine (valves on four strokes) and is a fuel stabilizer as well.

I have used redline SL-1 with amazing success - 4oz for my 3 gallon tank - run almost until empty - all highway run -
throttle response, mileage, and power improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back