Fraudulent Parking Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: brandini
Originally Posted By: dishdude
What does a picture prove? You could of put a coin in the expired meter and then taken the picture.

It will prove enough if they didn't take a picture to contest his picture that he did take. He has picture and is contesting, they don't, ticket thrown out because they have to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Yes you have to go to court, but you need that stat against the [censored] meter maid for them to get fired.

Reasonable doubt only applies to criminal cases, which this is not

No use getting all bent out of shape over a stupid parking ticket. Pay it and forget about it. I have more important things to do with my time - like sit on this website!

I don't have time but what happened to right/wrong,
Actually the photos can prove a bit, if I can get the coin deposit log off the machine.

I am going all the way. Remember if everyone fought their faulty tickets... they just might stop fraudulent activity.

How do I find out if the machine keeps a log? either of all the coins deposited or times of deposit?

Its just a parking ticket, the cities around here hand them out like candy to try to patch gaping holes in their budgets.

Pay it and move on.

IMHO always max out the meter which is usually 2 hours, this avoids those 10 minute left tickets.

Last edited:
Go to wherever the felon who wrote the ticket works. Threaten to press charges for felonious use of taxpayer money. You will either get off or end up in jail.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Its just a parking ticket, the cities around here hand them out like candy to try to patch gaping holes in their budgets.

Pay it and move on.

IMHO always max out the meter which is usually 2 hours, this avoids those 10 minute left tickets.

While your at it just hand in all of your money. Geez, why are some people so willing to roll over when they are clearly in the right?

You can typically contest them in writing. She how it goes, if you write an intelligible letter around here they forgive them.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut

Pay it and move on.

While your at it just hand in all of your money. Geez, why are some people so willing to roll over when they are clearly in the right?

Because time and hassle is worth money. I'm not going to waste 3 hours of my life to save $20.

Pay it and move on.

Do you want to be right or do you want to live a hassle free life?

I personally have better things to do with my time than waste a valuable day in court to fight a $10 parking ticket.

If you don't have at it, I'll be fishing on my boat while your standing in line with the rest of them. But you will be right!

If you play by the rules parking tickets are fairly easy to avoid, I honestly don't remember the last one I got.

Last edited:
Go to wherever the felon who wrote the ticket works. Threaten to press charges for felonious use of taxpayer money. You will either get off or end up in jail.
smile.gif

City employees don't care if you make a stink they don't have to deal with you, you just get arrested and charged. Remember its not a store, they don't have to provide you with "customer service".

You also cannot sue a city employee while they are performing their duties, you can sue the city but they have attorneys on staff.

How much are you willing to spend to be right over a $20 ticket? $15k in legal fees for starters maybe?

I once saw a ticket on my car even though the meter hadn't expired. When I looked at the ticket again I noticed it was written for a different car. Someone had stuck it there likely hoping I didn't notice and just pay.

Originally Posted By: xfactor9
Originally Posted By: brandini
What does a picture prove? You could of put a coin in the expired meter and then taken the picture.

It will prove enough if they didn't take a picture to contest his picture that he did take. He has picture and is contesting, they don't, ticket thrown out because they have to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Yes you have to go to court, but you need that stat against the [censored] meter maid for them to get fired.

Reasonable doubt only applies to criminal cases, which this is not

Uh he is accused of breaking the law, if convicted he is a criminal.

Agree now with going to court with picture....as long as my lost time at work was less than the fine!

(Insert discussion and caveats here as to whether there are points or insurance complicatiins)

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone for talking me into paying the ticket,

You guys are correct, it is not worth my time.

I don't have time to fight this ticket or any, so I did meet my buddy the attorney to retain him to fight the ticket.

He put it very bluntly, it does NOT matter if you what is true and that you are innocent, it is what you can PROVE.

But all is not lost, something good should come out of it, stay tuned.

It is sad that some of the Criminals wear a uniform and carry a badge!

Originally Posted By: Kuato

That simply isn't true. Parking violations are simply civil infractions; they are in no way criminal violations.

Dude....it's a parking ticket. Get some perspective. If this is the worst injustice you ever face you are one lucky person.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

That simply isn't true. Parking violations are simply civil infractions; they are in no way criminal violations.

Parking violations are infractions of traffic laws which are criminal at certain levels. Parking is the lowest level.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

I'm afraid that you're mistaken.
While some states may treat parking violations as civil, in many states, including this one, they're minor misdemeanors and are thus violations of the law.
Failure to pay or appear will result in a bench warrant and while they won't come out to pick you up, if you happen to get stopped for anything else, you'll be heading to jail based upon that warrant.

I always thought (at least in PA) parking tickets, traffic infractions, and disorderly conduct were considered summary offenses - not a misdemeanor. Not paying or ignoring them will turn into a misdemeanor or something more serious.

In San Diego a parking violation is a infraction of a municipal code (if I recall) and you have to prove your innocence. The fact that the ticket was issued is proof enough for them that you are guilty.
I fought a ticket once and it took 6 months and a lot of my time, but in the end I won, not because I proved it but because the arbitrator could not believe anyone could spend more than two hours in the coffee shop I was visiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back