Fram

Status
Not open for further replies.
just bought a FRAM oil filter [fram sure grip ph3614] MADE IN U.S.A.[honeywell]i was alway's under the impression that quality products came from U.S.A.[ i live in canada]i will install it on my lawn tractor 16hp B&S INTEK .
canada.gif

Well, we like to think that all that sports the "Made in USA" label is of high quality. Fram, however, is not one of them. Fram gets no love here for its cost:quality ratio. You in Canada appear to have limited distribution on filters ..and Fram appears to be the national filter of choice that your govenment allows to migrate at will across the border.

Find a Baldwin dealer ..or use your Amsoil rep. Frams, although functional to a certain degree, are considered to be of the lowest level of quality and still qualify as a viable filter. They typically charge a premium price for the name ..but that's mostly what you're paying for.

Even though I've used Frams for many, many oil changes and never an issue, I will have to agree that with a Fram, your paying more for marketing than actual filter.

There are many other filters out there for same to lower cost that are better built.
nono.gif

Thats the reason why I don't use Frams anymore. Have not for 5 years since I came to BITOG.

They will protect your engine so no worry there, just look around for better deals.
cheers.gif

Bill
patriot.gif

Psst!! Trucku ..he's in Canada. Anyone buying stuff shipped in any other mode the USPS to Canada pays in SPADES. Fleetfilter has this challenge since they only use UPS.

Yep, UPS nails us with brokerage fees that can, and usually do, negate any savings we would have realised.

Until such a time that Fleetfilter can add USPS shipping as an option, I just go to NAPA to get the filters I need.

thanks for the infos ..we have amsoil dealers here now also .i use AMSOIL oil and oil filter in my ATV HONDA RUBICON ..use MOBIL 1 20-50 in my harley ..but for my lawn tractor B&S 16hp ..i did not want to go overboard..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back