Fram Ultra XG6607 5000 miles severe weather AMAZIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was all hype but this filter is amazing!!!! Not sure about OCOD but ultra without a doubt held out pretty dam good!
01.gif
FRAM
cheers3.gif

OCI: 5000 miles or 8000 ish KM

OUT: M1 0w20 AFE w/ Fram Ultra XG6607
IN: M1 0w20 AFE w/ Mazda Tokyro OEM

I drove mostly highway 70% and 30% short trips and 100% cold starts, also I never waited for my car to warm up. However, I only waited for rpms to drop which was around 1-2 min after start; Extreme cold (-30C to - 35C) when it takes little longer to crank I let it sit for 5-10 minutes.

QjupkA5.jpg

IoQ1usV.jpg

IrL8C7D.jpg

sKfqP1A.jpg

wbTFEGx.jpg

qdPRkek.jpg

N3fcgNF.jpg

JC6bBSb.jpg

vXgfkkn.jpg

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Wow, looking at how small that is, I'm glad I upsize to the 7317.

That's OEM so I gotta stick to it but might change to 7317 cuz no stock.

Which car is this filter for ?

I think Fram recommends this filter for Honda S2000 too. OEM filter for S2000 is slightly larger than filter for most other Honda engines, but Fram recommends 7317 for Accord, Civic ... and 6607 for S2000.

S2000 has room for filter up to 5" long and 3.3-3.5" diameter.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Which car is this filter for ?

I think Fram recommends this filter for Honda S2000 too. OEM filter for S2000 is slightly larger than filter for most other Honda engines, but Fram recommends 7317 for Accord, Civic ... and 6607 for S2000.

S2000 has room for filter up to 5" long and 3.3-3.5" diameter.

Mazda 3

Awesome man. I got the exact same filter on my Altima 3.5 and yeah its darn small. Makes me happy that it did good for your car. Because I have it too. What size motor is in the 3. ? My lady likes the mazada three.

All ultras are rated for 15k right, you could have ran a extra guard no problem, or TG for 2 oci if engine clean.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Awesome man. I got the exact same filter on my Altima 3.5 and yeah its darn small. Makes me happy that it did good for your car. Because I have it too. What size motor is in the 3. ? My lady likes the mazada three.

2.0 there is 2.5

Originally Posted By: SLATRON
All ultras are rated for 15k right, you could have ran a extra guard no problem, or TG for 2 oci if engine clean.

I didn't trust fram.

Cold start at -20 everyday

You got the 2.5 or the 2.0 ? Would hope you like your car. I have 0 doubt you are taking great care of it.. I would be very happy to buy a car you have taken care of and had. Like my Altima was well taken care of thank goodness
smile.gif

You got the 2.5 or the 2.0 ? Would hope you like your car. I have 0 doubt you are taking great care of it.. I would be very happy to buy a car you have taken care of and had. Like my Altima was well taken care of thank goodness
smile.gif

It is really a budget car, decent power and awesome MPG.

I got 2.0, it is road noisy. What I don't like of it is that it has sealed ATF tranny and manufacturer don't want people to service it themselves, instead go to stealership. In the owner's manual there is no interval for transmission, serpentine belt, spark plugs, brakes, etc.

All they recommend is OCIs, alignment and coolant.
21.gif

Also their warranty stinks.

Last edited:
Holy cow.. That's wild. I would bet it has iridium plugs ?? So that could be done 100k to maybe 120k. I bet the ATF is synthetic so that may well be their rationale for not changing it. Not that makes that OK but I bet that may explain that. But yeah it sucks that the warranty is not good. Surprising that it would not be good for a Mazda.

Holy cow.. That's wild. I would bet it has iridium plugs ?? So that could be done 100k to maybe 120k. I bet the ATF is synthetic so that may well be their rationale for not changing it. Not that makes that OK but I bet that may explain that. But yeah it sucks that the warranty is not good. Surprising that it would not be good for a Mazda.

I hope so, I will be doing mine myself as stealership doesn't want to do it. As for power steering it uses EPS so good on them for no fluid.

Here in canuckland it is 30-50 K KM

Last edited:
many peoples are using regular cheapest oil filter and oil and do what OP do and their engine still running strong winter after winter
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
many peoples are using regular cheapest oil filter and oil and do what OP do and their engine still running strong winter after winter
grin.gif

Funny that cheap filters are as expensive.

A $9 oil filter should look great after a 5,000 mile OCI.

It's amazing that hard working guys will peel that much cash out of their wallets for an uber FRAM.

People can spend a lot more than $9 for an oil filter, and get less performance (efficiency, holding capacity, use duration) than the Ultra gives. The Ultra is a good value when you use it as intended.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
A $9 oil filter should look great after a 5,000 mile OCI.

It's amazing that hard working guys will peel that much cash out of their wallets for an uber FRAM.

Depending on the brand of beer you buy, sacrificing one 12-pack is enough to make up the price difference for 2 oil/oil filter changes a year using top quality products
grin.gif
. That's how I view it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back