Fram Ultra - made in China?

Are these spin on filters or cartridges? If the former be a surprising development, if the latter not so much. Cartridges from many brands seen with that coo, that despite what majority same brand spin on may be.

As for second question, large majority of Puro and Puro made 'spin on' still made in US. 'F' at start of date code be the identifier.

I guess the quality will improve now...
Seriously, This is very true. The best looking Fram TG filter I've seen, out of four different Tough Guards for my truck over 10+ years, the China made one was absolutely the best. Of course it was a very short run for a month or two then reverted back to a champ.

With the late Bosch 3323 and Champ 2867XL made in USA fiascos as per personal experience....
Surprised to read you had some issue with the US made Bosch Premium 3323. I've used many of them over last couple/few years and posted c&ps of all here. All have looked excellent all from RA. More recently (lately), since they moved production to Mexico, BP anecdotes with that coo another story. Not very good, sloppy construction. 'Personally', can't recall seeing any recent US made BP 3323 anecdotes with issues posted.

On topic, seems OP not returning to clarify specifics of the question. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are these spin on filters or cartridges? If the former be a surprising development, if the latter not so much. Cartridges from many brands seen with that coo, that despite what majority same brand spin on may be.

As for second question, large majority of Puro and Puro made 'spin on' still made in US. 'F' at start of date code be the identifier.
Both of those filters are spin on.

Both of those filters are spin on.
I assume by "both", as alluded to in third post using the vehicles listed in OPs display profile. Still, preferable imo to see which 'specific' application is being referenced, or is it both? Or, while less likely, was it being purchased for another vehicle perhaps not on the profile? In short, imo be nice to have specifics and not have to assume anything.

Got 7 new CQ Premium filters yesterday from AAP.....all are COO China.

Surprised to read you had some issue with the US made Bosch Premium 3323. I've used many of them over last couple/few years and posted c&ps of all here. All have looked excellent all from RA. More recently (lately), since they moved production to Mexico, BP anecdotes with that coo another story. Not very good, sloppy construction. 'Personally', can't recall seeing any recent US made BP 3323 anecdotes with issues posted.

On topic, seems OP not returning to clarify specifics of the question. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You are right, it's Bosch from Mexico that's troublesome. Champ was made in USA though.

Back