FRAM SynWash Long Life Air Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I just picked one of these up. Great build quality. But... the thing is almost 1/4" too long on the gasket compared to the napa gold that first perfectly into the air box on my Mazda Tribute. I couldn't even begin to get it to fit correctly
frown.gif
Part # LLA8997

Chuck, are you sure the Synwash is the correct part number for your vehicle? It will have the same number as the regular filter, except with an "LL" in front. You can go to www.fram.com to crosscheck part numbers.

Quote:

I have been eyeballing the SynWash @ Walmart for several months. It looks like a very well made product. The only concern I have is that some fibers from the synthetic media may come off and get sucked into the engine.

For those of you who have these filter can you check the screen in front of the Mass Air Flow sensor for filter fibers?

I have seen what synthetic media (scotch bright) can do to the inside of a motor and it's not good. I know the Synwash is different then scotch bright, but any synthetic media scrathes more then natural fibers, and I'm a little concerned about fibers coming off the filter surface
hornets_nest.gif

Loobed, I checked mine very carefully before installing, and it didn't appear to lose fibers at all.(I will do future checks though). Even if it did shed fibers, I don't think they would harm anything, since the media is nothing like Scotchbrite. All Fram says about the media is that it's 'synthetic', which probably means nylon, rayon, etc.

I chose the Synwash because it wasn't oiled-media, so I didn't have to worry about MAF sensor contamination. Also the pricing was affordable, at about $21 per filter.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back