FP PLUS (formerly FP3000) now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bottle of FP3000 contracts too. Perhaps it is a small molecule vapor component excaping through the plastic bottle wall when it is hot during the day but then the larger atmospheric oxygen/nitrogen not being able to enter when the temp cools down such that the internal pressure is normalized.

If the above is correct, it means the current bottle is not proper for the FP3000 liquid/vapor. Perhaps a different plastic bottle is required or maybe even a glass/metal jug.

Quote:

My bottle of FP3000 contracts too. Perhaps it is a small molecule vapor component excaping through the plastic bottle wall when it is hot during the day but then the larger atmospheric oxygen/nitrogen not being able to enter when the temp cools down such that the internal pressure is normalized.

If the above is correct, it means the current bottle is not proper for the FP3000 liquid/vapor. Perhaps a different plastic bottle is required or maybe even a glass/metal jug.

Yeah, the containment field can't handle the dimensional shift to higher but yet invisible spacial level and all will be lost to a singularity event producing a gamma ray burst.

Bowser

Seriously!!
smile.gif
haha

It would be interesting to see what Lube Control has to say about it.

Still curious about this shrinkage thing. An update on the issue. I was using Lucas UCL before FP Plus and keot the small 5.25oz bottle in the car (refilling it from a bigger Lucas bottle).

When I switched to FP Plus, I used the Lucas bottle. Washed it out with Dawn dishwashing liquid, rinsed it completely and then let it dry completely before filling it with FP Plus. I marked the bottle at 2 oz intervals for dispensing purposes.

Well, after letting the FP Plus sit in the Lucas bottle for a while, it's experienced the same warpage/shrinkage as the gallon containers the FP Plus came in. The Lucas UCL never exhibited this (might be hard to sell an additive where all the bottles on the store shelves are warped/deformed?).

Max

I have similar plastic bottle deformation with a bottle of orange oil (d-limonene) citris product. I think this may not be 'shrinkage' per se, but rather an atmospheric reaction in the container with organic compounds that is lowering internal pressure relative to atmosphere outside the bottle.

I am curious to know the shelf life of these products. I was thinking of ordering the FP+/LC20 starter kit for $32.95 plus whatever applicable taxes/shipping. Based on 320 gallons and 16mpg in the Torino, it would take 5120 miles of driving to use up the FP+. That's probably going to be at least a year's worth of driving. If the quart bottle lasts that long, I'm good. I'm more worried about the LC20. 5 quarts per oil change, 16 of those per bottle, and I'll be changing the oil twice a year in the car. Will LC20 last 8 years in the quart bottle?

Or maybe I should just use the product in all 4 of my vehicles and worry less about shelf life because it'll all be gone in a few months anyway?

I'm still on my first gallon of FP3000 I ordered almost 2 years ago... no problems to report. Slight additive separation that settles on the bottom of the bottle, but it's no big deal (I don't think). I did, however, encounter the same bottle shrinkage/warpage as shown earlier in this thread. That includes both the large gallon bottle it came in, and the LCD measuring bottle I keep in my hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back