found this ad quite funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Castrol commercials. First they dump sludge out of the sky, now they show some idiot pouring oil in to a small funnel as fast as he can so it runs out all over the engine. They don't need a new jug, they need a new oil tech.

The best design for pouring oil out of quarts was the old Quaker State round plastic bottles with the vent tube built in.

Plus Johnny doesnt Pennzoil already have this design where you have 2 holding points. Pretty sure does the same thing. Ha, someone already beat you to it CASTROL!

Don't give Shell to much credit. Yes, they do have 2 holding points, but the design of the new gallon jug sucks. The gallon jug that Pennzoil Long Life use to come in was a very good design. Someone at a bottle making company sold Shell a bill of goods. I like the Castrol jug, and the Mobil Delvac 1 jug, they just need to be yellow.

I like the typical oil bottle with the offset spout. Only I have learned its easier to pour with the spout to the top. Air can enter that way and no gulging.

i've never had a pouring issue with any bottle... if it glugs, it glugs, that is what a funnel is for.

Is Castrol even available in the US in this container? I note that the illustration is a 5 litre container.

Originally Posted By: soldierman
I like the typical oil bottle with the offset spout. Only I have learned its easier to pour with the spout to the top. Air can enter that way and no gulging.

If you look by the spout on those quart bottles you will see instructions that tell you to do it that way. Most folks don't even see them.

What a dumb commercial. Overfilling the funnel has nothing to do with gulging. I hope the car that the dumb a$$ overfilled with oil is his own.

shell_rotella15w40.jpg

Rotella has the same bottle with two handles and an anti-glug vent through the handle.

Am a big fan of the wide-mouth M1 and superflo bottles. No reason to stand there all day refilling one's motor.

I always pour quarts and jugs of oil sideways (so the front label is pointing up or down). I never need a funnel as the oil pours easily with no glugging.

I have used this method on Mobil, Castrol, Valvoline, Pennzoil/QS jugs and never an issue.

Found a pic... http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hmlbav&s=4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back