Found the replacement truck.

There is this interior on a 1 ton they have there, truck is 1800 dollars more, and has less options, but had this useless to me screen.
View attachment 180289
Instead of making the armrest 4 feet wide, why don't they make the front seats wider?

That driver's seat looks like it was made for a guy that weighs 130 lbs soaking wet.

New truck is beautiful. Best of luck with it. Shame the old truck was a total, I would think someone will buy it back and make themselves some money on fixing it.

Instead of making the armrest 4 feet wide, why don't they make the front seats wider?

That driver's seat looks like it was made for a guy that weighs 130 lbs soaking wet.
Dude it is big, you have not sat in one. The Middle armrest folds up and makes a bench seat. There is TONS of room in there.

New truck is beautiful. Best of luck with it. Shame the old truck was a total, I would think someone will buy it back and make themselves some money on fixing it.
I hope they do. Not a truck guy at all but I loved that truck. Had it just how I wanted it for towing. I took better care of that then anything I owned.

That back up camera sure going to be nice. I'm always having to get up out of my car to see if I've backed up far enough into a parking space without going too far where the trunk hangs over the sidewalk.

Good thing they totaled your old truck. Can you imagine trying to get OEM parts for that repair with whats going on right now?
I also thought the one you picked was the better choice. I still dont understand why anyone would spec an LT without the Allstar pkg.
If its for the digital dash I have to say the gauges suck. the Volt meter goes away in Tow/haul and none of the others give you an actual numerical value. Seems to me this is what happens when you let an Art history major design gauges rather than a serious truck enthusiast.

Good thing they totaled your old truck. Can you imagine trying to get OEM parts for that repair with whats going on right now?
I also thought the one you picked was the better choice. I still dont understand why anyone would spec an LT without the Allstar pkg.
If its for the digital dash I have to say the gauges suck. the Volt meter goes away in Tow/haul and none of the others give you an actual numerical value. Seems to me this is what happens when you let an Art history major design gauges rather than a serious truck enthusiast.
Yeah the the digital displays really did nothing for me. I like the other interior and I can tell you the best build quality GM car I have (had) was the Caprice until this truck. It really is put together very well as far as I can tell.

If they had fixed the old truck, I imagine it would have been gone 8 months with the strike and the amount of work that would have had to have been done.

Congrats! You will love the new truck and the mileage sounds really good. It takes a long time to rack up miles if you don't drive them as a daily driver. That 10 speed auto would be fun to drive and with the 6.2 engine you will have lot's of power to pull your trailer and get decent mileage in any situation.

Back