Found the replacement truck.

This puppy ripped up the IKE Gauntlet on TFL. Very nice rig! I'm pretty sure the 2024 is going to have even bigger brakes than your previous rig, the L8T is still all iron block like the old gen ls work truck engines without the DOD or AFM, and you have a 10 speed now thats in the diesel. I like this truck!

This puppy ripped up the IKE Gauntlet on TFL. Very nice rig! I'm pretty sure the 2024 is going to have even bigger brakes than your previous rig, the L8T is still all iron block like the old gen ls work truck engines without the DOD or AFM, and you have a 10 speed now thats in the diesel. I like this truck!
I did see that test. Heaviest trailer I tow is 9000lbs. So it should serve me well. I can tell just from the test drive that the brakes are phenomenal

Last edited:
Congrats. The 10AT should be quite an upgrade over your old truck?
You'd think but i hate how the 10 speed in mine shifts. It takes it sweet time to upshift once you let off the gas and put it in cruise control. It just drones at 2k rpms before slowly upshifting once then again. When stomping it the engagement is definitely a little slower too. The lockup is quicker on my old truck.

You'd think but i hate how the 10 speed in mine shifts. It takes it sweet time to upshift once you let off the gas and put it in cruise control. It just drones at 2k rpms before slowly upshifting once then again. When stomping it the engagement is definitely a little slower too. The lockup is quicker on my old truck.
Different 10 speed and tunning.Only the Duramax and 6.6 gasser have the Allison.

Last edited:
Did you wear out your 17 Silverado 3500HD 6.0 already?
Facebook_creation_138010620.jpg

I had both a Tahoe and Yukon XL with the 6.2/10 speed combo and loved it. Put about 25k miles combined on the two and didn't have any complaints. 🤷‍♂️

But yeah, as @ls1mike said, the HD 10 speed is a different unit.

That I had to get a new/different truck. The old one was perfect and paid for.

Bitter sweet for sure. Maybe more bitter for you right now, though. :D

Did you get them down on price any? I've noticed prices aren't what they were, with some dealerships around here advertising below MSRP for the first time in 2+ years.

Last edited:
Bitter sweet for sure. Maybe more bitter for you right now, though. :D

Did you get them down on price any? I've noticed prices aren't what they were, with some dealerships around here advertising prices below MSRP for the first time in 2+ years.
A little bit, best deal on this trim 3/4 ton truck in about 300 miles. No one could or would beat it.

Back