Fortified MMO from rinsing out oil Jugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I used quite a bit of oil for oil changes and had a pile of 30 empty quart bottles of Formula Shell and 7 empty Rotella and Mobil Delvac jugs. I usually leave the empty bottles upside down in a bucket to let them drain of any oil.

Instead, I capped each bottle after it emptied and tossed them into a pile. After all the oil changes were finished and clean up complete, I decided to rinse out all of the empty containers with a 1/2 quart of MMO. I shook each bottle with the MMO in it to rinse and then transferred the liquid of oil and MMO to the next container.

The end result was a little over a quart of MMO, Motor oil and add packs from each bottle after the rinse was completed.

I plan to use this MMO/Oil bottle fluid to top offf my oil when needed.

My question is...Has anyone else ever used this concoction of MMO, oil and add pack in the past?

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
I hate to say this but you wasted a lot of time to add a half qt. of oil to MMO.

Not much time lost....less than 15-20 minutes as I was sitting on a chair, shooting the bull with some neighbors as I nursed a couple of cold ones.

Nothing wrong with that, although I haven't tried it myself. I usually take the oil bottles turn them upside down stand them in a funnel and let the oil drain into a partially full oil bottle. You'll be surprised how much oil remains in a so called "empty" bottle.

How would you extract all the left over MMO from those bottle now?

Seriously, this is good trick to extract all the Molly from the LM 2007 can.

- Vikas

I just wouldn't use MMO in the initial fill if you plan to use this as a top off during your interval.

PS: The Castrol Edge comment was pretty hilarious.
grin2.gif

think its a great idea! for those who uses MMO in their oil, I dont see why not! saving a few penny might not be a big deal but we are also saving the monther earth at the same time! thats is meaningful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back