Ford to add 2,000 jobs in KC, MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Thats good.

Any idea on how much they pay ?

For the thousands that will be hired it will be a lot better than nothing.

Florida has a lot of wide open space for factories why don't they build 'em here?..........lots of low wage seekers here.

OH YA.. I forgot....Florida is not a union state .Sorry my "bad".

Sarcasm off at this point.

Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
Good news!

Now, how woud one go about applying for these jobs?

You have to be already in the company to expect a transfer to above said location.The local plant will hire lower wage "hourly" temps to make it to hiring Quota ..just to make it look good.Then after that, they weed out the workers and keep on who they want ...or can transfer.

It's all an inside deal just for the employment numbers to inch up .0001 percent..

EDIT: 'hourly" workers I refer to as day laborers which don't have any right's under fed law, as far as compensation

Originally Posted By: FL_Rob
Florida has a lot of wide open space for factories why don't they build 'em here?..........lots of low wage seekers here.

Screw unions and their criminal benefactors. Unions are the bane of our society.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger

Screw unions and their criminal benefactors. Unions are the bane of our society.

Oh come off it. That's not the case these days and the same old refrain is getting old. Unions don't have the power they once did. UAW new hires are like $14/hr and longer term are like $25-$28. That is pretty competetive.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger

Yeah criminal benefactors, like management
crazy.gif
. Outsourcing and importing is the bane of our society. That and the anti-worker mentality some have.

We just added a third shift and built a new stamping plant on our plant grounds hiring over 1000 this past January and are hiring more right now. This is GM Arlington Texas fullsize SUV plant. (and were are STILL working Saturdays to meet demand)

Last edited:
It is a great deal for the Kansas City economy. Not just the workers at the plant. The ripple effect is tremendous. Just north of the plant is a company that makes a lot of seats and interior pieces of the F-150. There are lots of businesses supplying the plants. Even my paycheck will be padded, as the economy has increased my quarterly bonus has almost tripled in the last year. And all I do is sell groceries. I work about 3 miles from the plant and see the workers in the store all the time, before and after shifts.

This all got started a year ago when the first TIF's, and all the steps the state and local governments put in place to make this happen. Ford also invested over a billion dollars to redo the old Escape factory to make the Transit Courier here.

Although I will probably never drive a Ford, I am happy for the community and the fact more local people are working not just 40 hours a week but also lots of overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back