Ford Halts Production of F-150 (various models)

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
F-150 Lightning Production Halted, Ford Temporarily Laid Off 9,700 Workers

I was stunned by the headline that appeared in my mailbox earlier. While the meat of the story appears to be about the Lightning, Ford also said that they'd stopped production of the regular 2024 F-150 for several days back in January. What the heck is going on at Ford? For more details, the story linked below will shed some light and provide additional details on this subject.

Click Here

Last edited:
If you read the article it was a short time over some parts. It was a "clickbait headline" appearing on many Vehicle Web Sites. Let's face it-there isn't a whole lot to write about in the vehicle market these days.

BTW-the GM twins (Silverado/Sierra) are outselling the F150 by substantial numbers.

Last edited:
If you read the article it was a short time over some parts. It was a "clickbait headline" appearing on many Vehicle Web Sites. Let's face it-there isn't a whole lot to write about in the vehicle market these days.

BTW-the GM twins (Silverado/Sierra) are outselling the F150 by substantial numbers.
I'm getting sick of these clickbait articles lately. Specifically I get a lot about Boeing now. Now when it happens I click "not interested in articles from (xxxx)" so I don't get more from that news supplier.

I'm getting sick of these clickbait articles lately. Specifically I get a lot about Boeing now. Now when it happens I click "not interested in articles from (xxxx)" so I don't get more from that news supplier.
Most seem to be AI generated also. I hate it. It is the reason I turned the News Widget on Windows because it just gave a bunch of clickbait links to crap like this.

The main thing that would cause a shut down is lack of sales. Not many average people can afford pickups that are priced at luxury car prices. Its normally only Doctors, Lawyers, CEO's, Business owners etc. that can afford those. Affordable "New" vehicles are not allowed in the US, any time some country has such a vehicle it is just not allowed to be sold here. The main question is why?
The last time there was an affordable new car in the US was 2001.

Last edited:

I drive a Silverado but that's two against one. The F series is number one in sales.

Are you talking about so far (1 month) in 2024? because that doesn't mean jack. For 2023 and for the 47th year in a row, the Ford F 150 was the best selling truck.
The numbers are there. Discussion and a you know what contest is nonsensical.

F-150 Lightning Production Halted, Ford Temporarily Laid Off 9,700 Workers

I was stunned by the headline that appeared in my mailbox earlier. While the meat of the story appears to be about the Lightning, Ford also said that they'd stopped production of the regular 2024 F-150 for several days back in January. What the heck is going on at Ford? For more details, the story linked below will shed some light and provide additional details on this subject.

Click Here
FWIW, I had a Ranger with the 2.3EB. Ended up trading it in because of the quality issues with Ford. Ending up going back to Toyota with the VIN starting with “J” so I know it’s made in Japan. Quality is so much better. A real shame that Ford continues having quality issues.

FWIW, I had a Ranger with the 2.3EB. Ended up trading it in because of the quality issues with Ford. Ending up going back to Toyota with the VIN starting with “J” so I know it’s made in Japan. Quality is so much better. A real shame that Ford continues having quality issues.
I bought an nearly new 2020 F150. Ford's quality leaves a lot to be desired. That's for sure.

I drive a Silverado but that's two against one. The F series is number one in sales.

No it's not. Since about 2019 GM has sold more trucks than Ford.

You can complain about "two vs one" but thats inaccurate because the differences between Sierra and Silverado are the same type of differences between (say) an LT and a High Country; in other words, it's all one truck, just different features and fascia.

The fact is, GM sells more trucks than Ford now.

I'll say this once more. The Ford F series trucks are the number one selling single brand truck, above all others. Chevrolet is Chevrolet and GMC is GMC. Leaning on an asterisk for a win is what makes a company second best. I won't ever see it any other way until Chevrolet OR GMC sells more pickups than Ford, on their own without help from one another. I don't know the sales figures for Honda and Toyota, but goes Honda/Acura out sell Toyota?

Full disclosure, I drive a Chevy truck.

Last edited:
I'll say this once more. The Ford F series trucks are the number one selling single brand truck, above all others. Chevrolet is Chevrolet and GMC is GMC. Leaning on an asterisk for a win is what makes a company second best. I won't ever see it any other way until Chevrolet OR GMC sells more pickups than Ford, on their own without help from one another.

Full disclosure, I drive a Chevy truck.

The company is GM. A shareholder in GM doesn't care if it's a silverado or sierra sale.

With sierra/silverado, it's the same company (GM), same frame, same engines, same transmission, same infotainment, same cameras, same mirrors, same axles, same transfer case, same leaf springs.... It's the same truck with a different grill and wheel wells.

GM sells more trucks than Ford.

"Full disclosure, I drive a Ram truck."

Back