Ford Dealers Beat Tire Price Plus $100 Rebate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kemo
LOL at the "don't buy tires at the stealership" people.

My dealership gave me my tires barely above cost. How do I know that? because I used to wrench at a shop and knew how much the tires cost our shop. 7 bucks above cost per tire included stems, installation and disposal fees. Nobody could have possibly beat that, at the time. I still find it hard for anyone to beat that right now. Shoot, profit margins on tires is pretty low, it's not like people are making bank strictly on tires.

Of course, they didn't HAVE Firestone/Bridgestone, but they ordered them up for me.

as i said earlier in the thread, there is no profit in tires. Dealing with tires is a big hassle for dealers. You have to order ones that will sell, then store them. Dealing with parts is a lot easier than tires, we just worry about stocking the factory stuff, tires you have mutiple sizes and multiple different tires in each size. We keep popular ones in stock, but only at the most 1 complete set of that size.

Who does the rebate come from? Ford or the tire manufacturer?

I hated rebates when I sold tires. I'm sure my customers filled out the documentation properly and when the check failed to show up in a timely manner, they would come back to me. The salesman.
I don't know why. I don't have any control over that.

I'm still waiting on my Discount Tire/Pirelli rebate. It's only been about 8 weeks.
33.gif

I'm actually going to be suprised if I get anything at all back.

Its all done online. I think part is from the tire manufacturer, and part is from Ford. Not sure really because that's what the service writers are for, I just get the tires here.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
LOL at the "don't buy tires at the stealership" people.

My dealership gave me my tires barely above cost. How do I know that? because I used to wrench at a shop and knew how much the tires cost our shop. 7 bucks above cost per tire included stems, installation and disposal fees. Nobody could have possibly beat that, at the time. I still find it hard for anyone to beat that right now. Shoot, profit margins on tires is pretty low, it's not like people are making bank strictly on tires.

Of course, they didn't HAVE Firestone/Bridgestone, but they ordered them up for me.

as i said earlier in the thread, there is no profit in tires. Dealing with tires is a big hassle for dealers. You have to order ones that will sell, then store them. Dealing with parts is a lot easier than tires, we just worry about stocking the factory stuff, tires you have mutiple sizes and multiple different tires in each size. We keep popular ones in stock, but only at the most 1 complete set of that size.

Inventory is what hurts any business. I'm just glad they went out of their way to get me the tires I wanted. They didn't advertise that they sold Firestone, but they happily said they'd order a set for me!

Bravo, and it's actually nice to hear someone is happy with an automobile dealer.

Around here we simply do not trust them. They have earned this rep, no one hung it on them. And it will be a long time until they earn their way out of it.

I bought 3 sets of tires last year, and I'll buy another 3-4 this one. We own a lot of 3500 Savanas that weigh out at 9k pounds every single day, so the tire guys love me.

We now buy EVERYTHING online at Discount Tires Direct. Sold me Michelins for LESS than cost. The Tire Kingdom mgr that mounted them was stunned. Don't know how/why, but love the service and pricing.

Inventory is what hurts any business. I'm just glad they went out of their way to get me the tires I wanted. They didn't advertise that they sold Firestone, but they happily said they'd order a set for me!

Ford does not advertise Firestone/Bridgestone because of the fiasco with the Explorers. They aren't on Ford's tire program, however some of our suppliers can get them and sold direct to us instead of on Ford's program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back