Ford 913C/D alternative for 2.0 '13 TDCI Focus

I can’t top what you have but a 2014 Fiesta 1.5 tdci and then a 2018 Endeavour 3.2 tdci with enough oil changes say that I’m comfortable with my choice of api ck4 or acea a3b4.

Preach it, brother
Of course you agree.

He is talking rubbish aswell

I will agree with Ford

Of course you agree.

He is talking rubbish aswell

I will agree with Ford

I don't understand what on earth you think would happen if you ran an A3/B4 oil in an application that recommends an A5/B5 oil?

It's common practice. Especially with engines that are run hard.

My Wife's Ford B-Max also specifies 913C oil, but I use M1 FS 0w40 in it with no ill effects.

I mean, BMW fitted the DV6 into the diesel Mini's and specified LL04 in them. :rolleyes:

I mean, BMW fitted the DV6 into the diesel Mini's and specified LL04 in them. :rolleyes:

Actually, I want to add to this because comments have irritated me somewhat.

Peugeot released the DV6 originally without a DPF and specified A3/B4 oil in the late 90's.
Ford released the cars with the same DV6 engine and specified A5/B5 oil.
Peugeot added a DPF (or FAP as they called it) and changed to an ACEA C2 oil.
BMW added the DV6 to the Mini R50 line-up and specified BMW LL04 oil.
Ford continued to recommend A5/B5 oil throughout the DV6 life.

The DV6 seemed to become the DV5 around 2014/2015 which at the time was supposedly because of tax issues in certain countries with engines over 1.5 litres. The DV5 was a DV6 but the bore was reduced by 1.5mm.

Again, Peugeot carried on with C2 oils and Ford with A5/B5.

Then in 2016 Ford changed the recommendation to ACEA C2.

So we have full SAPS, mid SAPS, high HTHS and low HTHS oils in what is essentially the same engine.

Tell me again how fussy engines are?

The DV6 seemed to become the DV5 around 2014/2015 which at the time was supposedly because of tax issues in certain countries with engines over 1.5 litres. The DV5 was a DV6 but the bore was reduced by 1.5mm.
Yeah, India for instance has tax breaks for sub 1.5 engines and another break based on vehicle length so tiny boots, sedans with the boot chopped off to become hatchbacks and what not.

Back