Fluid replacement ... where do you buy your fluids?

I am getting prepared to renew the tranny and differential fluid in an older Nissan truck. I saved my "shopping list" of fluids from the last renewal. These include 3 quarts of Manual Transmission fluid (75W-85) and 2 quarts of GL5 synthetic gear oil, SAE 75W-90. Other than purchasing from the dealer, where do you pick up these types of fluids when it comes time for your fluid renewals? I am looking for new sources of supply.

Thank you !

NAPA usually carries amsoil or redline manual transmission fluid that's GL-4 only. Not many other local places do.

For other things I'll usually get them from Walmart or tractor supply.

Fluids R Us. They have almost every kind available, for cars and humans alike. It's like the galaxy's fluid megastore.

First choice is Walmart - best prices by a long-shot in most cases. Gear oils seem to be fairly generic as long as they meet the relevant spec (GL-4, GL-5, etc) so brand isn't that important, IMO.

NAPA usually carries amsoil
Never seen Amsoil at NAPAs around here. I believe that since they're franchises, each franchise can stock/sell a lot of things that they choose. I've seen Amsoil at one Ace Hardware (franchise) but not at others.

Usually WalMart but I’m currently using a large stash of Schaefer’s I bought at a thrift store.

Walmart for my motor oil most of the time. I bought Kawasaki 10W40 for my zero-turn at Rural King.

I do buy other things at Walmart like shampoo, body wash... . Side note, the best body wash for the money is Every Man Jack available at WM.

A drop of that is equivalent to a tablespoon of the cheap worthless junk like Suave.. the Dollar Tree stocks.

the best body wash for the money is Every Man Jack available at WM.

A drop of that is equivalent to a tablespoon of the cheap worthless junk
Which variety do you recommend? I'm willing to give it a try.

It looks like Thick by Duke Cannon has some competition @Graham Piccinini , which I also have yet to try (in stock at Target once). I currently use DC working man's face scrub, once a week.

I also do mostly wally's and amazon if they don't have it - but I will throw out that if you need Nissan OEM fluids Z1offroad will typically ship it to your house cheaper than buying it at the dealer - if your ordering multiples. I got 2 gallons of Nissan Green (full concentrate) shipped to my house for I think $50.00

Last edited:
Walmart or Amazon.

I did buy a case of Idemitsu TLS (Toyota T-IV) transmission fluid but I can't recall from where.

I use WalMart and Farm & Fleet for most of my fluid purchases. They usually offer the best pricing and have a wide variety for my needs.

Just my $0.02

Which variety do you recommend? I'm willing to give it a try.

It looks like Thick by Duke Cannon has some competition @Graham Piccinini , which I also have yet to try (in stock at Target once). I currently use DC working man's face scrub, once a week.
I get mine when I'm at Lowe's. They always got it close to check out area. After trying it a few months ago I was hooked. Even made a thread about it lol. This is my 3rd bottle. Good stuff.
20230515_214243.jpg

Back