Flower garden or vegetable garden person?

Just went out and bought over 100.00 of flowers for the house. Needed to replace some old butterfly bushes and other flower plants for fill in. Got a couple cigar plants for the hummingbirds as well. Love the smell of Allysum in the morning.....lol

Since I don't really eat veggies I am not a vegetable garden grower. I will often grow some cherry tomatoes in a pot for the wife.

Below are a few of flowers.....

How about you all?

IMG_20240504_182347.jpg

IMG_20240504_182353.jpg

IMG_20240504_182427.jpg

I prefer vegs myself but the wife went berserk and took over the front yard with flowers. I broke down backyard raised garden beds and rebuilt them in the front-side yard. She is busy attracting butterflies with all sorts of milkweed and natives. The backyard is now mine and I'm busy turning it into an industrial complex. I'm exaggerating a bit for fun.

The family ranch has been going through waves of wildflowers. This is last week where the bluebonnets faded but now indian blankets and sunflowers took over. I believe this is the final wave before texas heat sets in.

1714920736505.jpg

I prefer vegs myself but the wife went berserk and took over the front yard with flowers. I broke down backyard raised garden beds and rebuilt them in the front-side yard. She is busy attracting butterflies with all sorts of milkweed and natives. The backyard is now mine and I'm busy turning it into an industrial complex. I'm exaggerating a bit for fun.

The family ranch has been going through waves of wildflowers. This is last week where the bluebonnets faded but now indian blankets and sunflowers took over. I believe this is the final wave before texas heat sets in.

View attachment 217811
Very cool

both myself . my wife has most of the yard with her flowers and i get a small area for vegetables which is ok by me.i end up fighting with the deer, raccoons and groundhogs in the garden

Flowers for me. Never any luck with vegetables because the deer eat them and get over the fence. I plan on going to get some flowers either this weekend or some point this week. I usually have hollyhocks, dipladenia and some other stuff.

We can't put a fence on our property (a rugged rocky hillside). So we're more of a "whatever the deer, rabbits and raccoons won't eat" kind of gardeners.

But we do have a vegetable garden at our daughter's place (a 5 minute drive away).

I used to grow vegetables but I gave it up about a decade ago. Between poor soil and deer it just wasn’t worth the effort. Nothing thrives where we live now except fescue and locust trees. Even kiri trees have trouble growing in this heavy clay.

a friend raises chickens and piles up the soil they live on. I go bag it up and fortify our garden soil with it. Great stuff.
and
15 yrs ago we built a deer proof fence around our TX place so the whitetail deer in the neighborhood don't eat everything up.

We on rare occasion we see moose, elk, mule deer, antelope, coyote, badger on/at our CO place, but they don't do any harm, so we only fence a small part of the yard.

Back