First Oil Change for my Hyundai Veloster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: accent2012
Break that engine properly. Keep the factory fill until you have to change it according to the manual.

FF is not synthetic oil according to people on hyundai-forums who have contacted their respective dealerships. As to what brand of oil? No one is sure and it isn't a big deal.

My car's performance has not changed. it still runs great and I get the advertised gas mileage if I drive it conservatively, but most of the time I do not as I like this car and it likes to go fast.

I almost bought an Accent before I discovered the Veloster on Hyundai's website. Your car is slightly more fuel efficient due to being lighter, but I love my Vster. I get over 40 mpg on the highway when I hold the speed below 60 mph, but I usually do not; my Vster also likes to go fast.
grin.gif

Regarding what dealerships say about the FF... I suspect most dealerships use cheap dino oil for oil changes and therefore have some incentive to claim that the FF is also dino. I'd like to see a laboratory analysis of the FF or read something from Hyundai corporate on the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back