FireHawk Indy 500, Firestone tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone actually using a set of these.

Thinking about getting a set of 235/70/15 for my Ford Ranger.

Tire rack has em as #1 rated tire in category. Just let me know what you know and I will return the favor when the opportunity arises.

Once you get past the fact that Firestone has recalled (or has been *forced* to recall) millions and millions of tires in the last 30 years due to either bad design or manufacturing defects, then go right ahead.

There was the massive recall of the Firestone 500, and surely you haven't forgotten about the recalls of the Firestone Wilderness and ATX tires (and the deaths as well?).

There are too many top quality tires out there, to risk it on Failure-prone Firestones.

I'm using a set. Quite pleased with them actually. Better grip than the BFG T/A's they replaced.
Depending on what tires you have now, you might need to bump up the pressure on them.

Alex.

I had two sets on the Ranger I used to have. Put over 40K on the first set. Never had any problems. The only real reason I replaced them was I had my roof redone and had many nails and patches. The tire was a little worn down so I thought it was safer to go ahead and replace when I could. When I did I replaced them with another set of the 500's. They keep a balance very well, they are quiet, and have good wet performance. I would recommend them without hesitation. I bought one set from Tirerack and then the 2nd set Tiresplus matched their price.

I bought a set for my i30 a few years ago. They grip so well that fuel comsumption increased... slightly.
wink.gif

But seriously, they grip very well and I did lose about 1 mpg with them.

Only complaint I have it they got quite noisy after 10,000 miles. Whether that was the fault of tires or suspension I can't say for sure, but I rotated them dutifully and wear looks good. I also had them rebalanced to no effect.

Not a fan of Firestone, and this is the only Firestone product I sell. Have sold several hundred with 0 comebacks, complaints, or issues of any kind.

Bob

Originally Posted By: alreadygone
Not a fan of Firestone, and this is the only Firestone product I sell. Have sold several hundred with 0 comebacks, complaints, or issues of any kind.

Bob

Bob, do you know what country this tire is made in?

I've used them. Strong tires with good grip. Got a good deal on them to pass it up. These are really good tires as I was worried about safety issues on wet traction. Would buy it again.

Got 'em on my Sierra and love them. Have about 35,000 on them and will probably go another 10,000 or so before I replace them. Grippy, smooth, quiet, excellent in rain, balance up very well.... pretty much everything I could ask for in a performance tire. Mine are 275-60-17 bought from a Firestone retailer. Will definitely buy again.

Originally Posted By: MC5W20
Anyone actually using a set of these.

Thinking about getting a set of 235/70/15 for my Ford Ranger.

Tire rack has em as #1 rated tire in category. Just let me know what you know and I will return the favor when the opportunity arises.

"I bought a set of BF Goodrich Traction T/A 's based on my research at the Tire Rack. All I can say is that is a good tire. I'm thinking about getting Fireston's as my next set, base on Tire Rack reviews. Seeing how Goodyear has been fighting with their unions the last few years, I just think it is to risky to buy one of their products."

I had the same tires the BF T/A they were good tires not bad. But in heavy rain driving on the freeway the tires hydroplaned a bit. That made me try the Indy500. The Indy500 is a better tire period they don't compare. I feel a lot safer with these tires and performs better in every way.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Once you get past the fact that Firestone has recalled (or has been *forced* to recall) millions and millions of tires in the last 30 years due to either bad design or manufacturing defects, then go right ahead.

There was the massive recall of the Firestone 500, and surely you haven't forgotten about the recalls of the Firestone Wilderness and ATX tires (and the deaths as well?).

There are too many top quality tires out there, to risk it on Failure-prone Firestones.

Firestone is now merely a brand name and not a manufacturer per se. It's really just Bridgestone.

That being said, Bridgestone seems to have reduced the Firestone brand name to a few offerings, including a few OEM tires.

For the most part, none of the Firestone branded tires appeal to me.

Originally Posted By: MC5W20
Bob, do you know what country this tire is made in?

The set on my truck are made in the USA, at a Firestone plant according to the DOT code. Don't remember which plant, but I did look up the code when I first got them.

Alex.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Man Firestone got such a bad name from that Ford recall that people still have no trust in them. Firestone tires are not failure-prone. They still make decent tires and this is probably one of their best tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back