Find a alternative to Oil and save the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind the enviroment,It would crush Russia,The middle east,Iran and Venezuela.

Without their oil revenue they would revert into third world countries.This would be the best reason for finding an alternative to oil in my opinion.
getdown.gif

This is why I believe that cellulosic ethanol is an answer. The current corn ethanol is expanding the nation's ethanol infrastructure, and the two are interchangable as a fuel. However, cellulosic ethanol can be made from just about anything biological. It has the potential not only to supplant gasoline, but also to reduce the amount of waste we produce as a society.

First you have to go kiss a few tree huggers and ask them to leave you alone so you can get some work done. We've got to stop building trolleys that no one rides and get passenger cars converted to diesel and quit playing politics with smog control legislation. You can't replace oil but you can do a better job of getting more out of a barrel.

Want an example of politics. I’ve got a Prius. I can’t get the sticker for HOV lanes that I was promised. Why? The agency in Sacramento cut the program because too may people purchased hybrid cars. This was announced after people had purchased the cars with the expectation that they would have an easier commute, me included. You pay $15 now to get into a lottery for sticker now. If you are not chosen you still loose your $15. There are many small adventures that we as citizens are put thru because or government is run by amateurs.

Quote:

First you have to go kiss a few tree huggers and ask them to leave you alone so you can get some work done. We've got to stop building trolleys that no one rides and get passenger cars converted to diesel and quit playing politics with smog control legislation. You can't replace oil but you can do a better job of getting more out of a barrel.

Want an example of politics. I’ve got a Prius. I can’t get the sticker for HOV lanes that I was promised. Why? The agency in Sacramento cut the program because too may people purchased hybrid cars. This was announced after people had purchased the cars with the expectation that they would have an easier commute, me included. You pay $15 now to get into a lottery for sticker now. If you are not chosen you still loose your $15. There are many small adventures that we as citizens are put thru because or government is run by amateurs.

Calif government is really sticking it to the working people, I wonder when we will wake up.

wow lonnie. ive got a question. do people actually obey the hov rules? down here in south florida we have a hov lane too and no one cares. ill see a big suv with 1 person inside barreling down the hov.
see this kind of stuff all the time.

HOV violations start at almost $300, double for a second offense. Someone said it's a suspended license for a third but I'm not sure. The HOV lanes are a big deal in the traffic around San Diego and Los Angles. They take a 4 lane freeway, take one lane and put 98+ % of the traffic in three lanes. They do that to try and force carpooling. That did not work so they build trolleys for hundreds of millions of dollars. That's how gang members and low-life’s get around. Trolleys operate on the honor system. You only pay if you want to. They do have ticket checks. Last year they had one and gave tickets out. This year they are talking about checking, again. They have not picked the day, yet but it will be reported in the newspaper ahead of time. The trolley is like the ATM machine. It's a place where you can go to get robbed. You can get a picture of your robbery too. The difference is that a robber knows for sure you have money when he catches you at the ATM. On the trolley you will still get the snot beaten out of you but your family will have a harder time finding your body. Also wear a wrist watch instead of a ring. It hurts like a dickens when they tear a ring off your finger. As far as an alternate fuel I can’t wait to hear what’s being planned next. If handling private matters with one sheet of paper isn’t bad enough, imagine what is going be like fighting with pigs for your next tank of fuel. At least the corn pickers have learned from the oil companies how to do business. Every time the price of a barrel goes up, so does the E85 even though the price of corn hasn’t budged a nickel. If you’re going to use E85 like the tree hugger demand then you have to sing the song. You don’t have to know the words, just grab your ankles and sing along.

Take gasoline, oil and the whole auto industry out of the economy and see how things look. I wish all these people that worry so much for the planet would just take one for the planet and jump off a cliff, less people, less pollution problem solved.

They will take themselves out of the economy soon enough.

Then see how society functions.

An economy isn't a society

Quote:

If handling private matters with one sheet of paper isn’t bad enough, imagine what is going be like fighting with pigs for your next tank of fuel. At least the corn pickers have learned from the oil companies how to do business. Every time the price of a barrel goes up, so does the E85 even though the price of corn hasn’t budged a nickel. If you’re going to use E85 like the tree hugger demand then you have to sing the song. You don’t have to know the words, just grab your ankles and sing along.

This is my point with pushing cellulosic ethanol. Everyone thinks "ethanol" and automatically thinks "corn." Do a google search and you will see that ethanol can be developed to a point at which we can use our waste products (anything with cellulose). These procedures also yield much more than corn ethanol. Trust me, you will not be fighting pigs for your next meal. We could eliminate a substantial amount of waste product, reduce emissions, AND reduce foreign oil dependency.

And if I were a tree hugger, I would not be driving a Dodge Caravan.

You've got a strong point.

There's a tremendous amount of cellulose waste (they tried to get us to burn it at the power stations there's that much of it).

Take it a step further, and imagine a world powered by cellulite...

Thing is all these "Alternate" fuels take so much time and energy to produce and still cant compete with the energy expelled by gasoline and oil. I definetly think they need to expand on multitude transportation industries like trains and buses. Start looking at as people per gallon instead of miles per gallon.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
You've got a strong point.

There's a tremendous amount of cellulose waste (they tried to get us to burn it at the power stations there's that much of it).

Take it a step further, and imagine a world powered by cellulite...

a world without women? SCARY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back