Finally scratched my watch itch this morning

Some time ago I posted about wanting to get a nice watch for myself. I'm certainly not an aficionado but I have been reading and watching a lot of content about watches in the last year or so. I've always really liked the Tudor Black Bay but I really preferred the 5-link "Jubilee" bracelet and that was only offered with the red bezel...that is until Watches and Wonders this year! Tudor released a 41mm Black Bay with a black and white bezel on the 5-link/T-Fit clasp and it was too good to pass up. The case has been slimmed down too and this is METAS-certified as well. Just picked it up this AM for MSRP and I love it! This is my new daily.

Picture is on my 8" wrist.

IMG_5404.jpeg

Niiiice!

I am not overweight but I have a very large bone structure. My wrist is large so that effectively eliminates 60-70% of the watches out there for me.

They always made nice watches and compare well to some of the offerings from the sister company Rolex. Congrats !

I wish I could wear a 41mm.

Niiiice!

I am not overweight but I have a very large bone structure. My wrist is large so that effectively eliminates 60-70% of the watches out there for me.
I'm a big guy at 6'5" and 260lbs but my wrists and ankles are on the slimmer side for my size - 41mm seems perfect for me. I know what you mean though about large bone structure - I have a buddy who is 6'4" and maybe 230lbs but his bone structure and joints are all really big - his hand wraps right around mine when we shake.

Niiiice!

I have the exact opposite problem.
Wrists so small they make my GF's wrists look "meaty".
When she wants to get frisky, I sometimes joke that she's the one manhandling me.

....true story

Niiiice!

You can get extra-long NATO or ZULU straps. Custom leather straps are also an option. I generally prefer NATO straps because they make the watch head nearly lossproof. Unless both spring bars fail the watch won't fall off the wrist. Any watch over a few hundred goes on a NATO if I decide to use it during watersports, climbing, running, etc. I only have two watches with a bracelet but I put on the bracelet or a leather strap only if I want a more dressy look. It's better to have more straps than watches because a watch will look very different with a different strap. I have a 7-3/4 inch wrist and don't need extra-long straps.

Matching watch size and wrist size depends on more than the diameter of the watch. The lug-to-lug distance and shape of the lugs affect very much if a watch wears small or large. A smallish by current standards 38mm diameter watch with lugs that stick out 9 mm will wear larger than a large 45mm diameter watch with integrated lugs that do not protrude from the case. And thickness is important. A watch that's thicker than 14 mm or so is a poor choice if you want the watch to slide in under a shirt cuff. My daily wearer won't slip under some jacket cuffs, how gauche!

Last edited:
Swiss watches are a cut above the rest. Women notice a man's accoutrements especially what's on his wrist. Here is a clip from Bond meets Vesper. Great verbal jousting. At 3:05 she comments on his watch.

Some time ago I posted about wanting to get a nice watch for myself. I'm certainly not an aficionado but I have been reading and watching a lot of content about watches in the last year or so. I've always really liked the Tudor Black Bay but I really preferred the 5-link "Jubilee" bracelet and that was only offered with the red bezel...that is until Watches and Wonders this year! Tudor released a 41mm Black Bay with a black and white bezel on the 5-link/T-Fit clasp and it was too good to pass up. The case has been slimmed down too and this is METAS-certified as well. Just picked it up this AM for MSRP and I love it! This is my new daily.

Picture is on my 8" wrist.

View attachment 214514
Love it!

Swiss watches are a cut above the rest.
It depends. To qualify as "Swiss Made" at least half of the movement parts must be made in Switzerland, the watch must have been assembled, cased, and tested in Switzerland by the manufacturer. Most Swiss manufacturers source movement parts as well as cases from other countries. There are very few manufacturers left that make every single component in-house and one of them makes their own alloys. That does not necessarily mean they are better or superior but they can lay claim to "all in-house."

Back