Finally got my 30 feet by 40 feet carport installed.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
The boat, travel trailer and both trucks will live here. Gives you an idea of how big the parking pad is. They had it up in 5 hours.
20220118_152420.jpg

20220118_150035.jpg

20220118_150019.jpg

Looks awesome. I have wondered about this for myself . Any chance you mind sharing ballpark price? How weather resistant is this, will it hold up to heavy winds/storms?
Yep, It was just at about 15,000. I need to still put gutters on it. So maybe another 600 to 800? It is 12 gauge, so they tell my snow load is 60lbs per square foot and we get some winds, the neighbor has one and has survived some 70 to 80mph gust.

Looks really good. And super useful. I'd probably get a local artist to do some murals of trees or something on the side to break up the shape though.

First thing I thought of was, frame walls front and back, pour a concrete slab, get your utilities in and you would have a inexpensive house. It’s tall enough for loft bedrooms by looking at the pictures.

Yep, It was just at about 15,000. I need to still put gutters on it. So maybe another 600 to 800? It is 12 gauge, so they tell my snow load is 60lbs per square foot and we get some winds, the neighbor has one and has survived some 70 to 80mph gust.
That’s excellent framing - one that size was destroyed near us by similar winds - did not have as much bracing …

Very nice building. Do you think with that tight turn it'll be hard to pull in and out the trailer with everything else in there?

Very nice building. Do you think with that tight turn it'll be hard to pull in and out the trailer with everything else in there?
20220118_150104.jpg

This is how they will get in, boat first, travel trailer center, trucks on the end.
But I am able to get them in the other way as well.

Looks really good. And super useful. I'd probably get a local artist to do some murals of trees or something on the side to break up the shape though.
I love that idea. I called around...They want some coin. Which I understand that is their job, so far all the neighbors say it looks great, but each house is on 2 and half acres and I only have about 10 neighbors on my dead end street.

Back