filter for 2.7 Tacoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do the oil the changes on my friends '02 tacoma, 93,000 miles. Coincidentally, i have 3 filters which will fit this truck, the Napa gold spec'd 1348, being the shortest, the OEM toyota filter, 90915- YZZD3, which is a half inch longer than the Napa Gold, and a Napa Platinum 41516, which is a half inch longer than the OEM. so out of these 3 filters, which would be the best to run? obviously, theres no problem with running the OEM, and can it hurt to run either the longer Napa Platinum or shorter Napa Gold? all are same diameter and thread size.

How log are your OCI's? The Napa Platinum is quite impressive from a construction standpoint and if you plan on going over 8k I would use that. Anything less than 8k flip a coin.

Guess it depends how much you wanna spend on a filter for your friend. All 3 would work.

If you use the platinum I would run that 2 OCIs.

You're fine with either the Toyota OE or either of the NAPA/Wix, with either a good dino or synthetic oil, although on the NAPA, I'd likely go with the tried and true Gold. Very good filter and cheaper than the Platnium.
On my out of warranty '08 2.7L Tacoma, I use the Baldwin 7020 & Mobil 1 5W-40 TDT, due to the intense heat of our dusty West Texas/Eastern New Mexico summers.
But, you have chosen 3 excellent filters, and I'd just as soon have Wix as Baldwin...the Baldwin's simply easier to see with 67 year old eyes like mine due to the filter's location on the 2.7L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back