Favorite WM Detailer Spray ?

I've found that a waterless car wash spray does a better job but a detail spray is a little easier to work with.
This is what I'm using now and I'm quite impressed with it. Plus it's not too expensive.

swww.jpg

Your going through the same motions so why not add the protection of a sealant? They pretty much go on the same.
One is meant to be applied to a clean car for protection and the other is designed to safely encapsulate and remove light dirt while providing lubrication.

They're different products with different purposes. The suggestion @skyactiv made is the only other one that makes sense. And it's even safer than a QD. I prefer Meguiar's version though.

I think there is a very common misconception about these sprayable products, that they pretty much all have the same function. Which is why you see old guys at car shows wiping down their very dusty cars with a spray wax.

None of them are really "safe" to use on a properly dirty car. But a waterless wash will be the "safest", followed by a QD. Spray wax should be used when you would apply a liquid wax or any other coating, when the car has just been cleaned.

None of them are really "safe" to use on a properly dirty car. But a waterless wash will be the "safest", followed by a QD. Spray wax should be used when you would apply a liquid wax or any other coating, when the car has just been cleaned.
Why? Nobody is going to (or should) use a detailer on a filthy car. You use it to freshen up the car that has some water spots, dust or minor stains. Spray on wipe off. You're removing the dirt when you wipe it off. You do the same with a spray sealant/wax.

Why? Nobody is going to (or should) use a detailer on a filthy car. You use it to freshen up the car that has some water spots, dust or minor stains. Spray on wipe off. You're removing the dirt when you wipe it off. You do the same with a spray sealant/wax.
I believe you are missing the nuances here. I will let you go and do your own research if you want to learn more.

But to put it simply, spray wax/sealants do not have cleaning ability. Unless specialty formulated to have those properties of course. For example Chemical guys Hybrid V07.

What cleaning ability? The wiping IS all the cleaning ability you need, AND you're adding protection at the same time. As for research, I'm using the TW Graphine spray as such.

What cleaning ability? The wiping IS all the cleaning ability you need, AND you're adding protection at the same time. As for research, I'm using the TW Graphine spray as such.
Spray wax/sealant is designed for protection while providing some lubrication so your towels don't scratch the paint.

QD sprays provide a lot of lubrication and are designed to flash quickly and cleanly. They typically contain glossifiers.

Waterless washes provide more lubrication and dirt encapsulation but do not flash as cleanly or quickly.

There are dual purpose products, typically a QD or WW that will also leave behind protection, but a spray wax is not a QD or WW.

I feel at this point you're being purposely obtuse when it comes to certain topics.

You feign ignorance so people will explain their position just so you can wave it away as nonsense and strengthen your "superior" opinion.

Unless you are thoroughly washing your car every single time and never miss anything, using something such as a detailer as part of a final wipe down, drying aid, or even light cleaning is ideal than using a standalone sealant. Sure, the wiping is cleaning, but if leftover dirt/dust is not properly dissolved (solvents) or encapsulated/covered (surfacts/detergents), then this increases the chances of scratching or marring which you may or may not care about.

Dedicated detailer sprays will have more of these chemical compositions than a spray sealant, and can be used more safely for light cleaning ability. Waterless wash sprays will typically work the same way, but will typically have a higher composition of those chemical types to remove more dirt/oils more safely.

On a side note, this sale may end soon sinces it's a BF or CM deal, but on Amazon, Meguiars Waterless Wash and Wax RTU gallon size (in store Walmart will only sell the small bottle for like $10) is on sale for $24.
Amazon - Meguiar's Waterless Wash & Wax (Gallon)

That being said, I'm cheap and making my own detailer/waterless spray with ONR is economical and efficient.

I feel at this point you're being purposely obtuse when it comes to certain topics.

You feign ignorance so people will explain their position just so you can wave it away as nonsense and strengthen your "superior" opinion.
Just going by my experiences using TW spray sealants to freshen up a car days or weeks after a detailing and that stays outside. Never said my opinion or suggestion was superior and nobody has to take it if they don't want to.

Last edited:
This really isn't a case of it works or it doesn't. You can certainly wipe down your mildly dirty car with a spray wax and end up with a shiny car. Heck you could probably use pledge and get a great looking finish.

It's about choosing the correct product to be the most gentle you can be on the paint. Micro marring is no joke over time, but it all depends on your level of interest in detailing.

One is meant to be applied to a clean car for protection and the other is designed to safely encapsulate and remove light dirt while providing lubrication.

They're different products with different purposes. The suggestion @skyactiv made is the only other one that makes sense. And it's even safer than a QD. I prefer Meguiar's version though.

That's a good product. I've used it before with great results. I use ONR currently in a QD ratio.

I use stuff called "Pappa Shine" found online. Its great for prepping my car for a car show when a wash and wax is not really needed. can be used on chrome and glass as well! tries some 303 detailer and it wasn't half as good besides leaving streaks.

Back