Factory Fill Change: Hengst oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple of pics of the filter. Just as cheap as the Fram at walmart so I figured why not. Never used a Hengst filter before.
7f5c811d.jpg

36c649de.jpg

a3eb3b32.jpg

66222b4e.jpg

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Oh look, a filter made in a first-world nation! Congrats!
grin.gif

Keep buying those!

Lol. Thank you much.

I used Hengst cartridge oil filter in E430 several OCI, it worked very well and filter media after 12-13k miles still in perfect condition, it could be used for another 12-13k miles OCI, I changed it out because I have more than 7-8 filters for that car in the stash. The other German made cartridge oil filters for German engines such as Mann, Bosch, Mahle ... are very good too.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
I believe Hengst is German for "FRAM".....

Not sure how to interpret this.....

I think he means to say Hengst oil filter is usually cheaper(and lower quality) than other German made oil filters and therefore more popular in Germany.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

I think he means to say Hengst oil filter is usually cheaper(and lower quality) than other German made oil filters and therefore more popular in Germany.

Looks like a well made filter to me?

Yes, it's a well made filter (the bonus is it's cheaper than other German filters) that why I used it in my E430 for many OCI's. I still have some Hengst along with some Mann and Bosch filters in my stash for the E430.

For your M5, you should stay with German filters, be it Hengst or Mahle or Bosch or Mann, they are all very good filters.

Originally Posted By: cp3
Looks solid. Going to snap some pics of the the factory filter and post when you're done?

Sure thing!

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Yes, it's a well made filter (the bonus is it's cheaper than other German filters) that why I used it in my E430 for many OCI's. I still have some Hengst along with some Mann and Bosch filters in my stash for the E430.

For your M5, you should stay with German filters, be it Hengst or Mahle or Bosch or Mann, they are all very good filters.

That's the plan. They come from Bavauto. I posted some pics of the filter I used when I changed the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back