Extremely Thin 4K Ultra HD OLED TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
LG introduces extremely thin 4K Ultra HD OLED TV at 2016 CES in Las Vegas.

Quote:
The top of the line comes in the new G6, which is available in both 77 and 65-inch sizes, followed by the E6, available in 65 and 55-inches. The TVs boast extremely thin frames thanks to LG’s new “Picture-on-glass” design. Measuring a stunning 2.57mm in depth (one tenth of an inch), the TVs are thinner than most smartphones, and also boast LG’s translucent glass back.

http://news.yahoo.com/lg-unveils-astonishingly-thin-4k-181722064.html?nf=1

So it finally happened: the TV is too thin to have built-in speakers, and so they offer it with a soundbar. Might as well. Audio quality from flat screen TVs has been utter crud for the past decade or more.

Besides, a nice TV deserves a nice home theater audio setup anyway, so the built-in speakers might as well go away.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
I have zero need for this.

Usually a thin TV is also not heavy, so that you and a family member or a friend can easily install it on the wall.

If you look at a 70" TV of 5 years ago, it was so heavy for 2 normal person to lift it up to install on the wall.

My current 27" TV is 19" deep. I can't wait for the day when I dies and I go to a flat screen. It took 2 people to get it into the house.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
So it finally happened: the TV is too thin to have built-in speakers, and so they offer it with a soundbar. Might as well. Audio quality from flat screen TVs has been utter crud for the past decade or more.

Besides, a nice TV deserves a nice home theater audio setup anyway, so the built-in speakers might as well go away.

I used built-in speakers in my flat-panel TV for about a day before getting an external setup. When I replaced the CRT TV in my entertainment system, sound wasn't even a concern as it was going to be hooked to the surround immediately.

Now I'm just waiting for OLED to get affordable. LED/LCD is downright cheap these days, makes it hard to drop big $$ on OLED, no matter how fantastic it is.

Nice, I'm sure I'll have to get one at some point.

OLED would be nice just to expensive right now.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
My current 27" TV is 19" deep. I can't wait for the day when I dies and I go to a flat screen. It took 2 people to get it into the house.

By the time it dies, TVs will be 1 mm thick and the smallest size will be 100" in 4K, 3D ... all for only $299.00.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: 69GTX

By the time it dies, TVs will be 1 mm thick and the smallest size will be 100" in 4K, 3D ... all for only $299.00.

Not 4K, 16K.

Ford says their 2017 light diesel PU with have 450hp and the first pickup with factory 1000ft lbs of torque. Should be hitting 2000 ft lbs in 2025! 32K picture quality and 1000ft lbs trucks will be obsolete SOON!

a phillips CRT 19 inch tv just died in a guest bedroom from 1998. it was replaced by another 19 inch CRT in a closet. LOL.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
a phillips CRT 19 inch tv just died in a guest bedroom from 1998. it was replaced by another 19 inch CRT in a closet. LOL.

Good luck with that. Most TV stations seems to simply put the HD ratio inside the CRT so 19" is really a 15" screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back