Eurol Syndura 5w40

This just started to recently be imported into the states from the Netherlands by Blauparts. I saw they're a huge sponsor for the Dakar race, so I figured I'd check it out. One thing I see is calcium seems high for it being marketed for mercedes vehicles using DI.

Attachments

• 20221214_165319.jpg
    20221214_165319.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 20221112_145731.jpg
    20221112_145731.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 123
Asking oil gurus, shouldn't that TBN be a bit higher for a 40 grade??? Or is it in line with it???

No I still don't understand the connection. But I'm not one to get overly concerned about TBN these days with low-sulfur fuels.
I don't understand what you're implying here.

The question was "shouldn't that TBN be a bit higher for a 40 grade??? Or is it in line with it???"
My response was a TBN at 9.5 is considered a great number, including a 40 grade, & not out of line.

I'm not aware of any standard that states a TBN for a certain grade of oil. You are claiming that I said there was some sort of SAE connection between Grades & TBN's Which I've not said anywhere.

If you don't understand what was mentioned or that I'm implying something else then I don't know what else I can offer you.

My intentions are not to confuse anyone & my apologies if I did.
Let me further clarify my statement.

9.5 tbn is not out of line for a VOA. Including this 40 weight example above.

Because you said:

Which implied some sort of connection between the TBN value and a grade. It is well within a 30-grade too, or a 50-grade or whatever.

You're right in the sense that it Sounded like a connection to you. That being said I didn't imply & don't have any connection for a TBN to Grade Value.

I will repeat it again b/c I think it's a fair statement. A 9.5 TBN is Not "Out of Line", Including a 40 weight, for this VOA.

I meant the same thing as your last statement but written a bit more direct since they were asking about this weight specifically. If I said there was some sort of min. requirement blah blah then perhaps you'd have an argument.

Last edited:
Back