Euro E36 M3- Mixing Fuchs different grades of oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Bit of a dilemma. Was doing an oil change yesterday and have used Silkolene/Fuchs Pro S 10W50 in the past and had 3L of the oil left. Was away on business so asked my brother to order me 3X1L of the same so I could do an oil change on my Evo. After having drained the oil out & change of filter i put the drain plug back in and was busy doing something else while my brother just filled up the engine with new oil. When i returned he said he had put in all 6L but asked why the 5L can i had given him had dark red oil in the 3X1L cans had clear oil!!!! When i checked the 3X1L bottles they were Silkolene/Fuchs Racing Pro S 5W30! So i now have 3L of 10W50 and 3L of 5W30 in my Evo! After a bit of swearing etc I calmed down and thought I've heard of people mixing grades of Redline so maybe this won't be so bad. Started the car and no untoward noises, actually quite quiet, so much so that all I can hear is slight ticking of injectors. I went for a drive after and oil temp was sitting just after 90 DegC on cruising speed and upon thrashing the car it went to 100DegC but not higher, this is more or less the same as before oil change (it had BMW super power 5W40 in).

So is thi Ok to do and leave in my engine or should I drain it? What would happen to oil by mixing like this?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back