Error writing to SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this Sony 8 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-I card recently. When doing some speed tests on it using ATTO Disk Benchmark, I occasionally get this write error...

error1110.png

Can't find a whole lot of info in google on what exactly the issue is, other than obviously inability to write data to the card.

I haven't actually noticed any issues when taking photos, but I've only had it for a day. I realize, it just may be the quirkiness of the test utility that causes this error to surface, but on the other hand, I'd hate to lose images if something like this were to happen in the camera. I'll probably end up returning the card, but was wondering if any of you have any additional ideas of what's happening here.

Agree that it could be the benchmark. I would just write regular files like photos and videos on it myself until it is full.

Originally Posted By: Doog
wrong test utility.

Why do you say so? I've used it on a number of different SD cards in the past and never received such an error message?

Could be the utility does not understand or is capable of testing the Class 10 card. They have a much higher burst read-write than most common Class 2 or 4 cards. The patrol car dash cams at our office (panasonic) have to have a class 10 SDHC. I tried a 32GB class 6 and it would not read/write to it.

Dave

I've tested other Class 10 cards with it without issues. This particular card is actually on the slow side when it comes to writing, but for its intended purpose, it'll do.

Ended up returning it and picked up a 16 GB Transcend card for $2 more. The new card's write speed is nearly twice as fast and no errors when testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back