End of Pollen Season = Time to Change Cabin Filter

I just changed the cabin air filter in my Grand Cherokee and it was surprisingly easy to do. Wasn’t too bad but I do it every may.

The CAF on the Mazda CX-5 was quite clean yesterday. I am going with 25,000-mile intervals (up from 15,000).
Similarly, the AF (EAF for Engine Air Filter?) was near new looking at 15,000 so that on too will get the 30,000 "family standard".

Even with being so oddly clean I changed them anyway because I was "in there doing it".

The one I have on hand will go in about the 15th of May. We still have stuff blooming round here. I am even getting a second crop of free grass seed.

Recently changed the CAFs all my vehicles after ~25k miles. Least expensive I could find for Honda, Purolator Tech from Amazon. 'My' standard, as long it fits properly and catches stuff, good to go.

I need to do it in the Mustang. To do it you take the cowl panel off and I couldn't find either of my wiper arm pullers. So ordered one and now I will probably find both of the old ones.

Agree, I’m waiting a few more weeks though. Maybe around Memorial Day or so…

Good reminder!

I don't think I've ever really noticed environmental events dirtying my filter faster. But our cars are in the garage a lot so that really helps.

I just changed mine a few weeks ago. I use Acdelco (oem) with bg’s frigi fresh to disinfect and sanitize the ac system.
I have a child with bad asthma, so I change mine about every 15k.

Back