Eagle One Wax as U Dry....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am using this product and really like it - says on the bottle that it is a carnauba wax product. But on the rear label, at the bottom, it lists the ingredients as: water, petroleum distillates and silicones . It has the CAS #s and while I'm certainly no whiz at this, upon looking these up they are far from being a carnauba product.

Am I missing something here? A lot of folks here use this product and if possible, please check your bottle to see if I have lost my mind. Just pointing this out to get a consensus on what bitogers think! The silicones part makes me wonder.....
Cheers!

I use a bunch of silicone based detail products. I think they are a really good product. But none of them have carnuba in them and it sounds like your stuff doesnt either.

Hmmm...I'll have to check my bottle later. I have used this product for years with good results. On my camaro which is gray sometimes I get some streaking..but if I use this after a wash water beads on my car for weeks after using it. I try to use it atleast every other wash...overall I've had good results.

If its liquid, it can be wax. Or at the vary least it will have very little c-wax.

Doesn't make it a bad product, but if you want pure c-wax buy it in paste form.

In many products, any ingredient that comprises less than 1% of the product isn't required to be reported on the list of contents, i.e. the carnuba may constitute less than 1% of the product in the container.

For that reason, I am always very skeptical of such claims re: whether the claimed ingrediant contributes anything of value.

I have used lots of WAUD and I have never noticed the word "CARNUBA" listed on the bottle. Not that it would matter to me.

The only Carnuba I have ever used that did anything, as far as shine was...Johnsons Hardwood Floor Carnuba Wax. This was straight wax in a metal can. Not a paste wax, it was a solid brick in a can...To be used on refinished hardwood floors with a machine polisher/professional equipment.

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! It is very, very difficult to remove but, what a shine! Although very shiny on the paint, it didn't give the paint that nice smooth feel though. The paint just felt kinda, well, unwaxed!

I don't currently have any WAUD but, I do have other quick sprays/squeeze bottles of other products for now.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I use it on my travel trailer, always before hitting the road. Bugs seem to come off easier.

I do the same - fast and easy and surely help with the bugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back