Does this sound like a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Why are you surprised? It needs to be cleaned and I would love to have the swirls removed...and thats just not something I want to tackle. I can easily, however, handle washing and waxing by myself.

For less than a hundred bucks you can buy a Harbor Freight polisher, some decent pads and some Blackfire Polish and Seal. DIY in other words. Probably another hour in time added to your current routine. Plus 5 hours to clay <------- joking.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Greg...you previously said "I wash and spray wax the Accord once a week on average..." and that's not enough?

Well, maybe it needs a good professional detail to get a good finish on it...maybe then you wouldn't have to wax every week...

Kitacam's 8 years have all been under the hot south Florida sun and a good spray waxing lasts 6 months in open air...so get a good finish on that Accord.

I hate to break it to you -- but most clean paint will bead water just fine....even if they do not have any protection on them. The water beads will just be larger and less tight.

In fact, it can sometimes be quite difficult to confirm that there is still protection on the paint.

Wellllll.....If the beads are the same size/shape after a few months as they were day one, wouldn't that be an indicator of sustained protection? I tend to go with empirical evidence and personal experience....

Last edited:

Wellllll.....If the beads are the same size/shape after a few months as they were day one, wouldn't that be an indicator of sustained protection? I tend to go with empirical evidence and personal experience....

With the exception of the newest paint coatings and certain paint sealants, there isn't a whole lot of difference in beading between a spray-waxed car and super-clean (iron-x/decon-ed), naked paint.

If the spray wax that you use can repeatedly last 6 mo, I'm sure the detailing forums would have been all over it by now.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Lastly, I usea Nanoskin Med-Grade Wash mitt and the remaining contaminants are gone with 2-3 passes.

I think I remember you mentioning that you also purchased the fine grade sponge. Do you think that's too mild?

I have a fine grade DA pad that rarely gets used, but I also a NIB fine grade mitt.

The fine grade DA pad works, but it does not work well on heavily contaminated cars. If the user uses Iron-x first, then it'd probably work fine.

With the exception of the newest paint coatings and certain paint sealants, there isn't a whole lot of difference in beading between a spray-waxed car and super-clean (iron-x/decon-ed), naked paint.

If the spray wax that you use can repeatedly last 6 mo, I'm sure the detailing forums would have been all over it by now.
smile.gif

Okay...that'll be a forum I can pass...I will take your advice though and spray more often...it's easy and can't hurt as long as I don't polish the clear coat away....

oh...and this...did you (Crit) get the serenity plus tires...? I just got a bid on them from a local dealer and am considering them for Kitacamry...If you got them do you like them...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gregk24

Why are you surprised? It needs to be cleaned and I would love to have the swirls removed...and thats just not something I want to tackle. I can easily, however, handle washing and waxing by myself.

"Wash/Clay/Sealant" is NOT going to remove swirls. If anything, it will induce more swirls (if done by $110 online find).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back