does my engine have ADBV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone knew if my car had an anti-drain back valve on the engine... its a 92 caddy with 4.9 engine... recommened filter is PF-58... which has no valve, so I was wondering if i should definetly use lets say a super tech 3675 with a drain back valve in case...

if my engine has ADBV on board, ill continue to use the PF-58....

do any motors have anti drain backs built in?

cadillacs with 4.1, 4.5 and 4.9 engines (maybe the northstar, i dunno)

require the PF-58, its been like that for years... it has no anti drainback valve...i wonder why the designers did this? I figure there would be a valve in the engine...

i guess, it wouldnt hurt to just use the PF-59 or supertech with the drain back valve?

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the by-pass valve being built into the engine (yes) - most filters that don't have it in the filter it's in the engine -

The filters that don't have a the antidrainback valve are usually mounted upsidedown vertically....I think putting an ADBV in the engine would be an engineering challenge.

EDIT => how is your filter oriented?

[ December 17, 2002, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Pablo ]

its slanted, ... so its mounted halfway vertical i guess, but the inlets of the filter are facing upwards...

[ December 17, 2002, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: eldawg4100 ]

With all this recent talk about the new ph59s, you should just put that filter on from now on instead of the ph58. The 59 is supposed to have an improved ADBV, because I was hearing rumors that the 58 does have an ADBV, but not as effective as the updated 59 filter.

i think i am going to use the super tech 3675 PF 58 equivalent, it has an anti drain back valve... i installed it yesterday, and im pretty sure i heard that lower end knock on start up... very faint. i will report back after i drive the car today...

Ryan,

The PF598 does not have an ADBV. That info is right from AC Delco. Also I posted some photo's of an PF58 and PF59 on this site, here's a link for those that missed it 58vs59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back