Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hal26
2016 Dodge Challenger ScatPack
2003 Harley 100th Firefighter Road King
2003 BMW R1150RT
2014 Jeep Wrangler
2015 Ram Hemi
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 847cc Triple

You can afford a whole series of toys, but you rant about doing oil changes on one of your most expensive toys.

If you can't afford the required maintenance, you should consider selling one or two of the vehicles that you're in debt over. Then you can afford not to worry about oil changes.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: BeerCan
So a lot of peoples solution is to lie and deceive? Wow.

Right?

×2

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Hey hal... how about actually driving it enough to make it worth while when you have to change it?? If it were me I'd be driving that badboy everyday with gusto
smile.gif

Agreed; if I have a high performance car in the garage it's going to be my daily driver in all conditions save when ice/snow/salt is on the roads.

I wonder what's so special about that Ultra 0W40? I wonder if Shell pays Dodge for "advertising"?

Yeah, its not like we are talking about how to get a tune on the thing without the dealer being able to tell later via the computer when it blows up.

Its never going to fail from oil. If a manufacturing defect causes it to fail, and they test the oil, how would they tell? They can't.

They probably set it at 6 months becuase they expect the car to get taken to the track and rode hard every other weekend. If you are not doing that though, why waste the time?

Zero Debt - Sold off 4 motorcycles,a Mercedes and a Corvette to get the herd down to a manageable level. I prefer riding a bike instead of a car every day if possible.. New knee forced me to get a bigger car. Low miles? Nice to take out a spotless nearly new car on perfect days for years to come. My 8 year old Vette had only 12K on it when I sold it and it brought Big Bux because of it. Insurance is way cheaper under 5K miles a year as well. Did I mention that it requires premium fuel and averages 15 MPG? The tires seem to go up in smoke at the slightest provocation as well. Well worth it if used in moderation. Glad I didn't get a 707 HP Hellcat! Being old is a drag but at least you have toys to help you endure it.

Poor thing, doesn't get driven. If I were that car I'd ask to be put out of my misery and sent to the scrapers.

A. If they require you to use only that product- (oil), don't they have to provide the product free of charge?

B. Does the warranty require you to provide proof of oil changes in the form of receipts?

C. Change the oil once a year. If you don't drive many miles, how would they determine if the oil was in for 6 months or a year?

Oil filters for all '16 challenger engines including Hellcat are readily avialable except for the 6.4. That's odd.

It's looking very sad. If it could talk it would say," drive me more often rather sitting around collecting dust".
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back