Do you have a dream car today, on 12/4/23?

Whatever is paid off.
That’s why I have to be very careful and choose wisely and has to have some wow and dream factor. We haven’t had an auto loan since 2015 and would knowingly be getting one with the Tahoe. Even if it’s wise, I can’t see putting 50-85k down. Feels so risky.

My buddy who is avid DR said if I were to call in, he’d say to get the Tahoe. He likely wouldn’t agree with the car loan but he’d say to get it, per my buddy. He also says get it, that the car loan would be temporary.

Yes, The red one was mine, back in 1967 when I was 20 years old. The black one is my current one, a 2022

Corvette1964_0001.jpg

corvette1.jpg

Mine has always been 69 Corvette. Riverside gold with a 427 and a 4 speed. My uncle has one he's had since he was a kid and it hasn't been on the road since the late 80's and its always pained me to see it sit.

Yes, I would like a new Lexus LX570 or Land Cruiser with the latest updated 5.7L engine, 6-speed trans, no lane keep assist, no radar cruise, no sunroof, no HID but LED headlamp assemblies, slightly taller cabin, 12" longer, larger front row area with another 4" of driver seat movement backwards, some console storage/cubby area, updated LED radio screen, 18" x 10" wheels, 4" more travel with AHC and factory installed incognito winch mounting plate/harness.

I'd like a 2024 Tundra with the 5.7L, 6-speed trans, 3:73 gearing instead of 4:30, no radar cruise, no lane keep assist, synthetic leather seating, factory 2" lift/level kit, Bilstein struts, factory catalytic converter guard and LED lighting all around.

I'd like a 2024 Lexus RX350 or RAV 4 with the 2015 era 3.5L V6, no radar cruise, no lane keep assist, leather seating and LED lighting all around.

Hands down, an EV with superior battery tech like perhaps sodium ion or silicon anode is top of the list. Fingers crossed.

One of the new Land Cruisers would be pretty cool too. I like the FJ-62s but I would be afraid to use it.

a minimum requirement for me, something new and without payment.... you add the rest :D

Not anymore. When I was younger, yeah for sure. Like every kid. But today at my age cars fit into the category of being a sort of necessary evil. I'm happy with the 3 vehicles I currently own and drive. And hopefully they'll outlast me.

I can't think of a scenario that wouldn't be serviced well by my current, "fleet". But I no longer drive around and see cars that I "wish I had". I look at them as how big of an expense and headache they would be to own.

It's the main reason I haven't bought another boat. I would like one to be able to get out on the lake with the wife and dog, and get some Sun and fresh air. But when I think of the cost and maintenance involved, (not to mention the depreciation), I quickly move on with my thinking.
Yeah, I can dream like anyone else, but after 4 Corvettes, both new and old, I found out a Corvette will not make me happy.
I have better things to do with my savings.

After all I’ve seen online, mine is the 2025 Tahoe. They’ve addressed some things that really bugged me on a vehicle this expensive.

The interior is sweet, steering wheel, dash, and all, 6.2 available on all trims, revised headlamps (hope they don’t blind and good possibility as placement is lower and projector beams), LED tails (should have been included when the 2021 came out). I’m starting to soften on RST performance edition and think High Country.

I’ve even justified a likely 4 figure payment even with 30k down. We can all dream. I bought a car 17 years ago that I dreamed about for more than 20 years and it’s still in the garage, I think a Tahoe is that significant.

Have you got a vehicle in your mind worth waiting for? 🙂

This is playing in my head

A monster Miata built correctly. Powered by an LS3 🙏

Back