Do you get corrosion from not changing coolant?

I would not flush with your garden hose( city water). You wont get it all out and it has too many electrolytes in it.
It was better than what was in it. I hate to break it to you, but what do you think the car dealer does? Do you think they have gallon jugs of distilled water bought by the pallet? Nope.... They fill it up with the water hose. I mixed up 50/50 antifreeze and distilled water as a final refill.

It was better than what was in it. I hate to break it to you, but what do you think the car dealer does? Do you think they have gallon jugs of distilled water bought by the pallet? Nope.... They fill it up with the water hose. I mixed up 50/50 antifreeze and distilled water as a final refill.
Why dont you give us the name of that Car dealer. So we can avoid.

Avoid what? Many concentrate bottles just say to use drinkable water.

Hose water makes a fine flush, follow up with a couple gallons of distilled when nearly done if it makes you happier.

Do a volt meter test see how much voltage is present. That's what s eating things up. Think of your corrosion inhibitors acting as anode rods in a water heater.

I use filtered rain water for my mix. None of that factory made water for me.....

Yes, old coolant will eventually cause corrosion, however, corrosion is 1000x more likely to be cause by a sloppy coolant flush, leaving air pockets, adding too much water, not pulling a vacuum on the refill, mixing incompatible coolants, leaks, short drives that don't let the car get up to temp, stuff like that. Old coolant is waaay far down on the list of things I'm worried about causing corossion.

Yes, old coolant will eventually cause corrosion, however, corrosion is 1000x more likely to be cause by a sloppy coolant flush, leaving air pockets, adding too much water, not pulling a vacuum on the refill, mixing incompatible coolants, leaks, short drives that don't let the car get up to temp, stuff like that. Old coolant is waaay far down on the list of things I'm worried about causing corossion.
ESPECIALLY with Dexcool-air pockets & mixing coolants were the bane of it's existence (along with wet nylon LIM gaskets)!

Back