Do I need an alignment yet again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like I need to get more than my fair share of alignments and I'm frustruated because I *just* paid off a credit card with 1 more to go.

Basically, car was fine yesterday, I get in it today, if I have steering wheel completely level car will pull to the left strongly. Yet it was just fine last night when I turned it off.

If I have it just a little bit to the right, car will drive pretty straight with no real pulling.

I made 100% sure with my digital tire gauge that the tire pressure in all 4 tires is exactly the same.

My stepfather who I do not get along with, often cold starts my car, moves it a few feet and turns it off so he can get his car out of the garage (I'm unhappy about this but this is the only winter this will ever be an issue). I'm a little paranoid that he abuses the car when I'm not watching because it seems to have 'problems' after he's moved it, but I cannot prove anything.

So, is it possible for the steering wheel to go out of alignment, but not the tire alignment itself?

Last time I had an alignment, the caster on the left front wheel was at least 2 degrees different than the right front. Caster is non-adjustable on this car. I'm just puzzled why the difference would be so much.. I didn't mind too much because I read in a cross-camber system, that plus a few settings here and there which my car did match mostly, is correct. Still strange, when everyone else's caster seems even. Throwing this bit out for feedback. I did hit a curb last winter and had it repaired.

See how it feels after the tires and struts are warmed up. First thing in the morning everything is frozen and if the wheels were turned while the car was sitting overnight, the tires would have froze into an odd shape.

With struts caster and camber are adjustable but the strut tower top plates need the welds cut out. Most alignments offered today are really just toe adjustments. Too much work to do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back