Do I have a beef with UPS over the amount of this charge?

We have a local hardware store that started providing UPS services but they definitely mark it up, I've used them once or twice but that's it, mostly it's dropping off a package that already has a label and from what I've heard at the beginning they tried charging for that but UPS says no you cannot do that. If I ship it's either USPS or FedEx which I do hate but is convenient but they've gotten extremely outrageous with their rates.

I’m not sure what over the counter rates are but I’ve seen people at the UPS store pay $48 for a small pkg.
We have a local hardware store that started providing UPS services but they definitely mark it up
UPS has (full) "retail" rates. This is what anyone off the street that walks into a UPS store or UPS center's counter pays. Now, at a UPS store or random retail store that "ships" for people, either could mark it up however they want. They don't need to though 'cause UPS will give the store discounted rates. With the retail rate, the store can tell the customer "you can look up the rates yourself" and they'll match the retail rate.

Back