Discount Tire Story: A+++++++

Status
Not open for further replies.
The daughter of a friend we go to church with called me for some advise on getting a tire fixed, Her parents are away getting some serious medical treatment for her mother and her Dad told her to call me. She & I took her car to Discount Tire and had them look at the tire. The tire had a screw in it and also the TPMS valve needed to be rebuilt due to corrosion.The guys @ Discount Tire did not charge us a dime for their work. The manager just told us to be careful and make sure she got to see her mother. Wow! They have got a customer in me.

Every time I go to my local Discount Tire, it's a refreshing experience. It's old fashioned SMART business, and great customer service.

Unlike 99% of the other snakes I deal with in the retail consumer world.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Only if they had a tire I wanted...

No one is perfect.
grin2.gif

They have what I want about 75% of the time, the rest of the time is what Tire Rack is for.
cheers3.gif

I've never seen a Discount Tire store. Never been one where I've lived. It looks like the closest one to where I've lived is in Rochester, MN, about an hour and twenty minute drive from where I lived in LaCrosse, WI for five years doing my undergrad and masters. I have seen them as a sponsor for Carl Edwards.

My mother and I went to our local Discount Tire three years ago for a new set of Goodyear 17s with balance, roataion, and the whole nine-yards included. Stupid idiots broke off one of the two wheel studs for the front tires. We were forced to drive with caution back home after they completed their work. Dumb*** manager had to burn $400 out of his own pocket to pay for the damages and order the new wheel studs directly from Isuzu in Japan. A highly respected shop replace the wheel studs, check brakes and components for damages, and did a complete multi-point inspection for safety reasons. The repair shop made my mother very happy that day as they did their work in an excellent and efficient way. My family and I will never shop at Discount Tire ever again. I'll stick to Firestone and order my favorite Bridgestone Tires.
34.gif

Last edited:
A couple of years ago before Christmas, I was on my way to Springfield, IL to buy some last Christmas presents. I was going down the interstate and was completing a pass on a semi truck when my left rear tire gave out. My car slide sideways in front of the trucker who I am sure I scared to death but I kept control of the car and got it on the edge of the interstate.

I had bought my tires at Discount Tire so I gave them a call to see if they could replace the tire as I had their extended warranty. It was late and they would be closed before I got there but they assured me they would stick around until I got there which was 30 minutes after closing. They mounted a new tire for on my rim and pro-rated it. I think I paid about $30 for the new tire.

I was busy putting it on my car in the parking lot when a couple of them came out and finished the job for me though I felt really bad about keeping them there later.

I was so impressed with this level of service that I recommend them to everyone I know.

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Very nice story that pretty much aligns with my DT experience(s) since discovering them when a new store was built nearby.

First set of tires I bought was Yoko Avid Touring for a Civic, most recent Yoko Geolander H/T's, five sets total. Quite frankly, I can't see myself buying tires elsewhere. Service after the sale has been unparalleled in my experience. And, they still use the power wire wheel brush on the rust on the hub and wheels.

Certainly nice they rebuilt the the TPMS valve in addition to fixing the hole/leak. In this case, also great service without a sale.

As for not having a tire you want, I'd at least ask. I'm sure they can't/won't get certain private label tires and some others. But, they didn't list the General HP's either when I was looking. Got my best price, and tires in store in 48 hours.

Originally Posted By: S2500Dog
My mother and I went to our local Discount Tire three years ago for a new set of Goodyear 17s with balance, roataion, and the whole nine-yards included. Stupid idiots broke off one of the two wheel studs for the front tires. We were forced to drive with caution back home after they completed their work. Dumb*** manager had to burn $400 out of his own pocket to pay for the damages and order the new wheel studs directly from Isuzu in Japan. A highly respected shop replace the wheel studs, check brakes and components for damages, and did a complete multi-point inspection for safety reasons. The repair shop made my mother very happy that day as they did their work in an excellent and efficient way. My family and I will never shop at Discount Tire ever again. I'll stick to Firestone and order my favorite Bridgestone Tires.
34.gif

Do you know how dumb this post made you sound? It was their fault a stud broke? You do know lugs do sometimes seize on a stud right? But it was their fault huh? And one of only 2 studs? You do know you have more than 2 studs per wheel right? And with one stud broken why would you drive with caution? I know many people with missing studs that have never had a problem so dont make it sound like the wheel could have fallen off at any given moment.

Actually the more I think about it the more it sounds like they treated you right. IMO they had no obligation to pay to have that stud fixed and there was also no need to order an OEM stud from isuzu when there are aftermarket studs in local parts stores. Plus $400 to replace a stud? Come on now that is crazy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: XS650

No one is perfect.
grin2.gif

They have what I want about 75% of the time, the rest of the time is what Tire Rack is for.
cheers3.gif

True...granted I shouldn't be this picky with my cars tires anyways....

They can also get many tires they do not show on their website.

Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro
Originally Posted By: S2500Dog
34.gif

Do you know how dumb this post made you sound? It was their fault a stud broke? You do know lugs do sometimes seize on a stud right? But it was their fault huh? And one of only 2 studs? You do know you have more than 2 studs per wheel right? And with one stud broken why would you drive with caution? I know many people with missing studs that have never had a problem so dont make it sound like the wheel could have fallen off at any given moment.

Actually the more I think about it the more it sounds like they treated you right. IMO they had no obligation to pay to have that stud fixed and there was also no need to order an OEM stud from isuzu when there are aftermarket studs in local parts stores. Plus $400 to replace a stud? Come on now that is crazy.

I like your thinking

I've ordered my last 5 or 6 sets of tires from discount tire,although I order online.
I usually get the tires the next day,and they match a lower price which barely happens.
Just put two sets of hankook optimo's on my ride's.
700 wear rating,about $80 per tire.
Great price and service.

Denver had Discount Tire shops all over. I recall buying a set of tires for the gold Oldsmobile. It had come with Goodyears, I think, and they recommended the Arizonian (?), which they said exceeded the requirements for my car but cost less than the Goodyears would. They rode beautifully.

On at least two occasions after that I picked up a screw or nail in a tire, and they fixed it either for free or for a very nominal cost.

i wish we had 'em here in The Swamp.

DTD just beat the best price out the door I could find on a new set of tires for the NB, even beating Tirerack by $30. They're drop-shipping to a local tire installer (no stores in MD) who has no problems installing 15" tires on the Jetta wheels I've got on the NB (Sam's Club & Costco wouldn't touch it since the stock fitment is 16") and with the current $60 rebate they should be mounted, balanced & out the door for under $300.

So far so good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back