Discount Tire finally made it here to The American Outback!

I was a Taco John's fan when I lived in Wyoming. I don't know how things are these days but I just loved that place.
Founded in Cheyenne. Now all over the place. They are ok as far as fast food goes. I prefer the grease laden, no redeeming factors, JITB tacos.

Taco Johns! When I lived in Kalispell MT, that used to be one of the hang-out/turn around spots when cruising Main St! This was mid 80s.

Cool that DT is in your town.

Give them a month or two to get trained up before you go for tires. I was a DT fan until the second problem.
Yeah, I am in no big hurry to drop a grand on new tires. I hope I can get another summer out of what I have. I usually use Peerless locally. They will price match and they don't even have a lift. Floor jacks if you can believe it.

Back in my college days ('75-'80) my girlfriend and I would go to Taco John's in Lawrence, Kansas. Last year while driving through Minnesota I saw a Taco Johns and just had to stop.

Congrats on DT coming to your area. Fwiw, this year marks 20 years I've been doing tire business with them, exclusively. Remember my first purchase, Yoko Avid Touring for an 01 Civic. From sales to service after the sale, just haven't found a better place to buy and maintain tires. Not saying they are perfect (haven't dealt with a place that is), but 'my experience' has been a consistently high level of service after the sale. Tire price (not including installation) always has been matching or beating the best price I could find after doing the research. Tire selection from budget to top of the line, second to none in my experience. If a tire not listed at local store, if sold at DT Direct (sister online company) they can get it. I've done that a couple times.

The one service experience change I've seen over the years, because I think folks have caught on to DT, having an appointment is now best practice. Last couple sets of tires I purchased, did completely online, just went store for installation with online scheduled appointment. And I pay with my DT CC to get 6 months no interest payments, plus an extra 5% off purchase price $600+. As for competition with WM and Sams (can't speak to Big O), for me, especially with service after the sale considered, not even close. And, I'm a Sams member.

No, I don't work for DT/AT, just a long-time satisfied customer, sharing 'my' experiences.

Last edited:
Congrats on DT coming to your area. Fwiw, this year marks 20 years I've been doing tire business with them, exclusively. Remember my first purchase, Yoko Avid Touring for an 01 Civic. From sales to service after the sale, just haven't found a better place to buy and maintain tires. Not saying they are perfect (haven't dealt with a place that is), but 'my experience' has been a consistently high level of service after the sale. Tire price (not including installation) always has been matching or beating the best price I could find after doing the research. Tire selection from budget to top of the line, second to none in my experience. If a tire not listed at local store, if sold at DT Direct (sister online company) they can get it. I've done that a couple times.

The one service experience change I've seen over the years, because I think folks have caught on to DT, having an appointment is now best practice. Last couple sets of tires I purchased, did completely online, just went store for installation with online scheduled appointment. And I pay with my DT CC to get 6 months no interest payments, plus an extra 5% off purchase price $600+. As for competition with WM and Sams (can't speak to Big O), for me, especially with service after the sale considered, not even close. And, I'm a Sams member.

No, I don't work for DT/AT, just a long-time satisfied customer, sharing 'my' experiences.
I mean, I have a text/link to see the progress of my tires getting installed, they are really good/I've bought 8 sets from them in the last 3-4 years, great CS at mine and prices are the same as anywhere else plus matching. Costco is great (and is litterally in teh same parking lot haha) but I always do DT.

Been using DT for years until the local stores started the quantity over quality BS. The last set of tires I bought they didn't even remove the old weights before balancing the new tires. I didn't notice until I got home, went back and complained, said they were really busy and had to come back later. Went to a different store who spun them up on their machine and found "no imbalance issue", even though that's not what I complained about. I get the fact that they seem to run smooth, but man all them weights make it look really ghetto and just screams out "we don't give a $%^&#@".

I was a Taco John's fan when I lived in Wyoming. I don't know how things are these days but I just loved that place.

Wyoming was the first place I've ever had Taco Johns. Fitting name because I had to use the John very shortly thereafter.

Wyoming was the first place I've ever had Taco Johns. Fitting name because I had to use the John very shortly thereafter.
Grand Junction, Colorado was the first time I tasted the taco delicacy. That fabulous experience stayed with me all through life. Some time around 1990 I was relocated to the fabulous capital city of Cheyenne, Wyoming, and prophecy was fulfilled. :)

Same. Rock Springs.

Same! A friend and I stopped there on the way to the Tetons. Dashed there and back from Chicago in 3 days and stayed overnight at the Quality Inn there. We were dying by the time we got to the motel.

Same! A friend and I stopped there on the way to the Tetons.
I had a project just west of the town before Green River...about 20 years ago. Spent a lot of time there.

• Love
Reactions: Pew
Back